Were Delta variant COVID-19 infections detected at AEON 1 Utama, or the 1 Utama Shopping Centre?
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Rumour : 50+ Delta Variant COVID-19 Cases @ AEON 1 Utama!
Unverified rumours of over 50 cases of COVID-19 in AEON 1 Utama have circulated on WhatsApp for several days :
The Delta variant has been a real concern globally, because it is much more infectious and has been shown to be partially resistant to vaccines.
Recommended : Why Delta Variant Causes MORE Breakthrough Infections!
1 Utama : No Delta Variant COVID-19 Infections!
At that time, AEON only stated that their 1 Utama outlet was being closed for “a full sanitisation exercise as part of precautionary measure“.
Their statement, which was not posted in their Facebook page, avoided any mention of COVID-19.
On 7 July 2021, 1 Utama announced that “there is NO confirmed DELTA variant case” at their shopping mall.
However, 1 Utama did not refute the rumours of 50+ COVID-19 cases at their shopping mall recently.
So we can only deduce that AEON 1 Utama was shut down over COVID-19 concerns. Whether there are 50 cases or no cases at all – there’s no way to know.
All we can now confirm is that – no Delta variant case has been reported at the 1 Utama Shopping Centre.
1 Utama Statement Refuting Delta Variant Claim
Here is the official statement by 1 Utama refuting claims that there was a Delta variant cluster at their shopping mall :
- Busking Now Allowed At Vaccination Centres (PPV)!
- Village Grocer EkoCheras : Another COVID-19 Case!
- TTDI Market Closed For 7 More Days After COVID-19 Cases!
- AEON 1 Utama Closed For 3 Days After COVID-19 Cases!
- MCO Recovery Phase 2 SOP : 5 July 2021 Edition!
- MCO Recovery Phase 1 SOP : 5 July 2021 Edition!
- Penang Upgraded To Phase 2 Of MCO 3.0!
- EMCO Police Roadblock List For KL + Selangor : 4 July 2021
- EMCO Road Closure + Roadblocks In Petaling Jaya!
- How Government Offices Will Operate In Phase 2 States
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!