1 Utama Shopping Centre will reopen on 17 October, after being shut down for COVID-19 sanitisation and deep-cleaning.
However, some 1 Utama tenants are apparently unhappy with the announcement. Find out why!
1 Utama To Reopen On Saturday, 17 October 2020
After detecting and isolating 132 cases through contact tracing and screening tests, the Petaling District Health Office “issued a written approval” to reopen 1 Utama.
According to a leaked letter, 1 Utama tenants will be allowed in on Friday, 16 October to mobilise and prepare for an official re-opening of the mall on Saturday, 17 October 2020.
The letter emphasised that 1 Utama tenants must ensure that all of their employees have already been cleared by COVID-19 screening tests, and they would have to enforce strict SOPs :
- taking body temperature of customers, employees, suppliers and delivery personnel
- ensuring that everyone wears a face mask
- ensuring that everyone checks in using 1 Utama Health QR or MySejahtera
- emphasising the importance of personal hygiene
- adhering to SOP for social distancing
- consistent cleaning and sanitising of shop premises
When they reopen, 1 Utama Shopping Centre will operate from 10 AM until 10 PM throughout the CMCO period.
However, they will allow their tenants to operate from 11 AM until 8 PM, if they prefer to do so.
1 Utama To Tenants : Remember To Pay Rental!
While the letter is mostly uncontroversial, the last paragraph apparently made some tenants unhappy… which led to the letter being leaked.
It was an explicit reminder to all tenants that they are obligated to pay their monthly rental, without any adjustments for shorter operation hours.
While they are entitled to collect full monthly rental from their tenants, that paragraph seems rather tone-deaf, in light of the loss of business their tenants just endured.
Leaked 1 Utama Letter To Tenants
The leaked 1 Utama letter to their tenants have been posted and reposted numerous times by netizens. However, we cannot verify the authenticity of this letter, so please keep that in mind.
1 Utama : Official Reopening Announcement!
At around 2 PM on 16 October 2020, 1 Utama Shopping Centre announced that they are going to reopen tomorrow :
1 Utama COVID-19 Cluster : Should You Be Concerned?
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the mall of any infectious particles.
And now that all 1 Utama employees and workers are confirmed negative for COVID-19 when they reopen, it should be safer than the other malls that have yet to conduct mass screening of their employees.
That said, we need to remind you that screening tests are snapshots in time. People can and do get infected after testing negative for COVID-19. Screening tests are not vaccines.
So make sure you wear a face mask at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB : Official MKN SOP!
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Mid Valley Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Case
- MBSB Sultan Ismail : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Bandar Puteri Puchong : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure
- 3 Damansara : Deep Cleaning After COVID-19 Case
- All Schools + Kindergartens To Close For 2 Weeks In Petaling!
- Mid Valley + Gardens : 3 Outlets Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Bangsar Shopping Centre : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning!
- OTK Gombak : Sanitised After COVID-19 Case
- Tropicana Golf : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning + Screening
- 1 Utama Shut Down, Visitors Advised To Screen For COVID-19
- Maybank Bandar Sri Damansara : COVID-19 Infection?
- Parkson 1 Utama : Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!