MKN just updated their SOP for Chinese New Year, replacing the original version which was a source of great mirth.
Take a look at this updated SOP for Chinese New Year 2021!
MKN just reversed their decision! Please see Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
Chinese New Year SOP : First Version Was So Funny!
When the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced the Chinese New Year SOP for 2021, it was a source of great mirth!
For example, it suggested that family members of the same household should visit each other!
Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
Just one day later, MKN issued a new, “corrected” SOP for Chinese New Year!
- The SOP now applies for the three days – 11, 12 and 19* February 2021.
- The family is now asked to celebrate at home, instead of visiting each other in the same house.
- The family reunion dinner is only allowed for family members residing in the same house.
- The arbitrary limit of 20 people in the same house, was removed.
- The ridiculous requirement to physically distance in the household was removed.
- The absurd prohibition for family members to greet or touch each other was removed.
- No one is allowed to go to temples and houses of worship.
- Lion / dragon dance is forbidden.
- Tanglung and Chingay parades are forbidden.
- Chinese opera and stage shows are forbidden.
- Pre-celebration sales are only allowed in selected premises. Online purchase is encouraged.
* 19th February is when Pai Ti Kong (Bai Tian Gong) is celebrated by the Hokkien people.
The government should really KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) by banning gatherings and visitations for all 16 days of Chinese New Year – from the eve to Chap Goh Meh.
By only highlighting those 3 days, it opens up the possibility of people misinterpreting the SOP to mean that it’s okay to have reunion dinners or visitations on the other days of Chinese New Year.
Please stay safe, everyone, so that we can celebrate Chinese New Year with our family and friends next year!
- 845 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 5 February 2021
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- MCO 2.0 : Barber, Hair Saloon + Car Wash Allowed To Open!
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another COVID-19 Case!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down! | The Rojak Pot