IKEA just announced that multiple employees and service partners at their Cheras store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
On 25 January 2021, IKEA closed their Cheras store after multiple guards there tested positive for COVID-19.
On 19 February 2021, IKEA announced that several employees and service partners at their Cheras store tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employees and service partners last worked between 8 and 14 February, and are now under self-quarantine until further notice from the authorities.
Their employees who were in close contact with the affected co-workers and service partners have already been placed under home quarantine, and have completed their COVID-19 swab tests.
IKEA closed their Cheras store on 19 February 2021 for cleaning and sanitisation, and for full contact tracing.
IKEA Cheras COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by IKEA on their Cheras Mall store COVID-19 exposure.
IKEA Malaysia, 19 Feb 2021: Following one of our scheduled routine tests at our Cheras store, we are sad to announce we have confirmed Covid-19 positive cases involving our co-workers and service partners. Their last working days were between 8 – 14 Feb 2021. All co-workers are now in self-quarantine until further notice from the authorities.
The health, safety and overall well-being of our co-workers, customers, partners, and community is our top priority. Therefore, we are taking precautionary measures to close our Cheras store on 19 Feb 2021 to undergo the necessary sanitisation and full contact tracing in accordance to the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) standards.
All our co-workers who were in close contact have already been placed on home quarantine and completed Covid-19 swab tests. Customers who have further enquiries or need more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
We are working closely with the authorities and will act on their advice. We have and will continue to carry out all necessary safety measures including replacement of co-workers, contact tracing, swab tests, quarantine for all close contacts and sanitisation.
The fight against Covid-19 pandemic is a shared responsibility. Let’s do our part by supporting and following the Government’s directions to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Stay safe and take care
IKEA Cheras COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at IKEA Cheras on or before 14 February 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected guards and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
- 1043 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 February 2021
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Bagan Specialist Centre : 5 Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- 983 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 16 February 2021
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus’s Stores!
- Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Seremban 2 : Closed 1 Week After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!