Tesco just announced that 3 of their stores have been sanitised after COVID-19 exposure yesterday.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Tesco : 3 Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure
On 8 January 2021, Tesco announced that 3 of their stores were exposed to COVID-19 yesterday :
- Tesco Cheras : a non-customer facing employee tested positive for COVID-19
- Tesco Extra Selayang : a third-party contractor tested positive for COVID-19
- Tesco Setia Alam : a mall tenant tested positive for COVID-19
Tesco sanitised and deep cleaned their Cheras, Selayang and Setia Alam stores yesterday – 7 January 2021, and all three stores are operating as usual today – 8 January 2021.
Tesco COVID-19 Cases : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Tesco on the COVID-19 exposure at their Cheras, Selayang and Setia Alam stores.
Tesco COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The risk of exposure from the non-customer facing employee is low, and arguably, the third-party contractor too.
However, the mall tenant may pose risk to customers, depending on whether he/she wore a face mask, and practised good hand hygiene and physical distancing.
In any case, Tesco is correct that we need to take precautionary measures to protect ourselves, like observing good hygiene, practising physical distancing and wearing face masks.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
We should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the stores of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 521 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 January 2021
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too... | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 138224 Cases, 109115 Healed, 555 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 144518 Cases, 111578 Healed, 563 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases | Rojak Pot
Pingback: ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot