The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced that they will STOP offering the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for free to 5-11 year-old kids!
Here is what you need to know…
PICKids : No More Free First Dose For 5-11 Yo Kids Soon!
On 13 April 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that they will stop offering the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine under the PICKids programme next month.
From 16 May 2022 onwards, the PICKids programme will no longer offer the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to 5-11 year old kids.
- the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine will no longer be offered at both public and private health facilities across Malaysia.
- the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine will only be offered as a paid vaccination option in private health facilities.
They are calling on parents to quickly register their children for COVID-19 vaccination by 8 May 2022, in order to obtain an appointment date in time.
Why Is PICKids Ending FREE First Dose For 5-11 Yo Kids?
As of 12 April 2022, only 38.6% of eligible children have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
As the Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year-old kids have a lower dose, it cannot be used for older children.
Therefore, to avoid waste, the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF-C) decided to stop giving the free first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine under the PICKids programme.
CITF-C has also amended the vaccination consent form for children (below 18 years of age), removing this clause :
The clause was dropped to avoid confusion, and to convey the existing practice in which the Ministry of Health has never neglected, and is always ready to offer the necessary medical assistance if there are side effects from the vaccination.
I highly recommend that you register your children for their COVID-19 vaccination ASAP!
Please don’t waste this opportunity to protect them against COVID-19 for FREE!
- Air Travel to Malaysia : Procedures + SOP From 1 April 2022!
- Why Steve Kirsch Is Wrong About Taylor Hawkins’ Cause Of Death
- Can You Get COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccines?
- MySJ Trace Won’t Work With Bluetooth On? Here’s The Fix!
- Will COVID-19 Vaccine Void Your Life Insurance?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!