7 Eleven just shut down their M City Ampang outlet, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday!
7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
On 2 November 2020, 7 Eleven announced that a staff member at their M City Ampang outlet tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected staff member was last at work on 30 October 2020, and is receiving medical treatment.
They identified the employee’s direct contacts have been sent for screening, and placed under home quarantine.
7 Eleven also shut down their M City Ampang outlet until further notice, for sanitisation and deep cleaning.
7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Statement On COVID-19 Case
Here is the official announcement by 7 Eleven on the COVID-19 case at their M City Ampang outlet :
We regret to inform that one of our staff members based at our store in M City Ampang has tested positive for COVID-19 today. Our affected staff member last reported to work on 30th October 2020 and is currently receiving medical attention. All those in direct contact with our affected staff member has been sent for screening and will be placed under home quarantine until the appropriate medical clearance is given by the authorities.
We would like to assure that this is an isolated case and as a precautionary measure, a thorough sanitisation and deep cleansing of the store is being carried out and will remain closed until further notice. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and kindly advise all our customers to continue adhering to the SOP issued by MOH as the safety and well-being of our customers and staff members are of the utmost importance to us.
7 Eleven @ M City Ampang COVID Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
If you were at the 7 Eleven outlet at M City Ampang on 30 October 2020, or before, you could be in close contact with the affected staff member.
7 Eleven outlets are generally quite high-traffic in nature, so it will take some time to trace those who were in close contact with the affected staff.
This infection reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Exposure Alert!
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!