Did a man just keel over and die from COVID-19 in a 99 Speedmart mini-market in KL yesterday? We investigated the claim, and this was what we found…
Sudden Death From COVID-19 @ 99 Speedmart?
Social media is replete with cases of people suddenly falling over and dying from COVID-19. Yesterday, people starting sharing a video of men in white PPE suits removing a bagged body from a 99 Speedmart mini-market.
According to the post, the man just dropped dead in the mini-market after sending his clothes for a wash in Kuala Lumpur.
99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
After investigating the claim, we have to say that this is definitely FAKE NEWS. And here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : The Incident Happened More Than A Week Ago
The incident did not happen on 24 May 2020, but 8 days ago on 16 May 2020.
Fact #2 : The Incident Happened In Selangor, Not KL
The incident did not happen nowhere near Brickfields or KL Sentral. It didn’t even happen in Kuala Lumpur.
We traced the location to the 99 Speedmart 99, Jalan Klang Banting, Telok Panglima Garang in Kuala Langat, Selangor.
Fact #3 : The Man Did Not Visit A Laundrette
First of all, laundrettes – self-service laundry – are still NOT allowed to operate. So he couldn’t have put his clothes to wash.
There is also no laundry service in the row of shoplots surrounding the 99 Speedmart.
Fact #4 : The Man Died Of A Heart Attack
According to eyewitnesses, the man died after fainting and vomiting outside 99 Speedmart. Based on the fact he fainted and vomited, it is likely he suffered a stroke or a heart attack.
China Press investigated the incident and confirmed that the man died of a heart attack.
Out of an abundance of caution, the paramedics who attended to him wore full PPE just in case he was infected with COVID-19.
Fact #5 : He Tested Negative For COVID-19
China Press also confirmed that the man’s body was tested for COVID-19, and it was confirmed NEGATIVE.
Fact #6 : He Was An Indian National
According to China Press, the man was an Indian national, and the Indian embassy has been contacted to handle his remains.
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- GrabPay Scam Alert : Be Careful Of FAKE Friends!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Hari Raya Rush @ Kenanga Wholesale City On CMCO Day 1?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Kim Clement : Kim Jong-un Death Prophesy Failed Again
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!