People are sharing a viral post about a lady who badly burned her hands after the alcohol from the hand sanitiser she used caught fire!
Find out why alcohol in hand sanitiser will NOT catch fire, and yes, this is yet another Internet hoax!
Will Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Catch Fire?
There are two versions of this viral hoax circulating on social media.
Note : We added a HOAX disclaimer to the original photo, to prevent it from being used to fool more people.
This lady here applied sanitizer on her arms and went to the kitchen to cook. The moment she turn on the stove, her hand caught fire due to the alcohol contained in the sanitizer. Do be very careful.
这位女士在这里用消毒剂擦手臂，然后去厨房做饭。 当她打开火炉的那一刻，由于消毒剂中的酒精，手着火了。 要非常小心。
Attention everyone !!!
I just heard terrible news. A family of friends uses hand sanitizer and goes to the kitchen to cook.
As a result, when the HV gas stove is heated his hands burn as his hands contain hand sanitizer and go to the kitchen without washing his hands.
We use hand sanitizer that contains alcohol, so it’s easy to burn. Hope everyone should wash their hands before cooking
Don’t be careless, this sharing is true, not a joke, remember Remember!
Please send it. Another person knows and can avoid another victim.
No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
Now, let’s look at why this is yet another Internet hoax…
Alcohol Evaporates Completely!
The alcohol in alcohol-based hand sanitisers will evaporate COMPLETELY when you rub it all over your hands.
If there’s any residue, that would be additives in the hand sanitiser – usually moisturiser to counter the drying action of the evaporating alcohol.
Unless you leave it to pool in your hands, the alcohol will evaporate completely, leaving nothing to catch fire.
That’s A Skin Graft Donor Site
If we are not mistaken, that picture is of a burn victim whose forearms were harvested for skin grafts.
You can see the sharp edges on her right forearm – an actual burn would not look like that.
You can also see the pattern on the donor site – marks of the dermatome.
What About That Hospital Memo On Alcohol Catching Fire?
You may have seen this Penang Adventist Hospital internal memo circulating around the same time.
If you actually read it carefully, it merely points out that alcohol-based hand sanitisers are POTENTIALLY flammable, which is true.
So it makes sense for them to warn that it would be a good idea to keep alcohol-based hand sanitisers away from high temperatures and flames.
But nowhere did it state that the alcohol in such hand sanitisers can catch fire AFTER you use it to sanitise your hands!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1518 Cases, 212 New, 4 More Dead!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
- COVID-19 : National Instruments Penang Quarantine + Cleaning!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : UOB Penang Case From Tabligh Gathering!
- Braun + Infineon : Suspected COVID-19 Cases Quarantined!
- Free Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Agilent Penang Shuts Down As Well!
- COVID-19 : India Suspends Travel Visas Until 15 April 2020!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
- COVID-19 : Keysight Penang Temporary Closure Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- Private COVID-19 Tests In Malaysia : Here Are The Details!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2161 Cases, 130 New, 3 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 6-Month Loan Moratorium : What's The Financial Impact? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2470 Cases, 150 New, 7 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: MAEPS Converted Into 600-Bed COVID-19 Hospital | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2626 Cases, 156 New, 3 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Thai King Death From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: 9 yo Lara Thanks Dr. Noor Hisham, This Was His Reply! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : Selayang Baru Locked Down! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6383 Cases, 4567 Healed, 106 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6589 Cases, 4929 Healed, 108 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 6 June + No Raya Travel! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6656 Cases, 5025 Healed, 108 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6779 Cases, 5281 Healed, 111 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7009 Cases, 5706 Healed, 114 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7245 Cases, 5945 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7877 Cases, 6470 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7970 Cases, 6531 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : Schools May Soon Reopen! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8322 Cases, 6674 Recovered, 117 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8338 Cases, 7014 Recovered, 118 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8369 Cases, 7065 Recovered, 118 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8505 Cases, 7733 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8515 Cases, 7873 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8634 Cases, 8318 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8639 Cases, 8354 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Leak : Malaysian Schools Reopening In Full In July 2020! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: myBurgerLab : A Cyberbully Who Weaponised Social Media? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: A Driver's Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab! | The Rojak Pot