All IT Hypermarket just closed down their SOGO KL outlet for deep cleaning after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned about this new development!
All IT Hypermarket : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 17 October 2020, All IT Hypermarket announced the immediate closure of their SOGO KL outlet, after an employee there tested positive.
The employee received the positive results on the night of Friday, October 16, 2020, but All IT Hypermarket did not mention when this employee was working at their outlet.
However, SOGO Malaysia revealed that the affected employee’s last day of work there was on Monday, 12 October 2020.
All IT Hypermarket temporarily closed their SOGO KL outlet today for a deep cleaning exercise, and it will remain closed until further notice.
They also placed their staff under 14-days of self quarantine, and will be sending them for COVID-19 testing.
SOGO however decided to close the entire 7th floor for cleaning on 17 October, reopening it on 18 October 2020.
All IT Hypermarket COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they should be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happen to be in close contact with the affected All IT Hypermarket employee at their SOGO KL outlet, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
But most important of all – we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB : Official MKN SOP!
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Mid Valley Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Case
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case | Rojak Pot
Pingback: What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 21363 Cases, 13717 Healed, 190 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case | Rojak Pot
Pingback: SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot