Malaysia just upgraded all states to PPN Phase 3 or Phase 4, and announced a slew of SOP changes!
Here is what you need to know…
All States Upgraded To PPN Phase 3 / 4
On 15 October 2021, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Ismail Sabri, announced that :
- Kelantan, Penang, Sabah and Kedah will be upgraded from PPN Phase 2 to PPN Phase 3
- Melaka and Klang Valley (KL, Selangor, Putrajaya) will be upgraded from PPN Phase 3 to PPN Phase 4
These PPN phase changes will take effect on Monday, 18 October 2021.
SOP Changes For ALL PPN Phase Levels
The Prime Minister also announced additional SOP changes for the National Recovery Plan, which will start on different dates.
- R&R (Rest & Recreation) facilities at all highways will be allowed to operate 24 hours, starting Saturday, 16 October 2021.
- E-hailing vehicles will be allowed to operate at maximum capacity in ALL PPN Phases , starting Saturday, 16 October 2021.
- The quarantine for overseas travellers will be reduced from Monday, 18 October 2021 :
a) 7-day quarantine – either at home (if suitable) or at a quarantine facility – for fully-vaccinated travellers
b) 10-day quarantine at a quarantine facility for travellers who are partially vaccinated, or not vaccinated.
- The quarantine for Close Contacts will be reduced from Monday, 18 October 2021 :
a) 7-day quarantine – either at home (if suitable) or at a quarantine facility – for fully-vaccinated individuals
b) 10-day quarantine at a quarantine facility for individuals who are partially vaccinated, or not vaccinated.
- Cyber cafe and cyber centre services are allowed to operate, starting Sunday, 17 October 2021 :
a) 80% capacity for Phase 3 areas
b) 100% capacity for Phase 4 areas
- Religious pilgrimage (umrah) will be allowed from Monday, 18 October 2021 onwards.
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) face-to-face events are allowed in Phase 3 states for fully-vaccinated individuals, starting Monday, 18 October 2021, subject to these conditions :
a) all participants must undergo pre-event COVID-19 screening test (saliva test or RTK antigen).
b) all participants must maintain physical distance.
c) all participants must wear face masks.
d) limited to 50% of menu capacity.
- Test and Release (T&R) pilot programme will begin on Monday, 18 October 2021, limited to this group of travellers with strict travel plans / itinerary for official visits.
a) National figure
c) Deputy Minister
d) Chief Minister
e) State EXCO member
f) Members of Parliament
g) Government official
This programme will be expanded to include business travellers soon.
Those participating in this programme must be fully-vaccinated, and will be required to :
– submit an application with supporting documents to MKN and KKM for approval
– undergo a PCR test 3 days before returning to Malaysia
– undergo a PCR test on arrival in Malaysia
- National Recovery Plan Phase 4 SOP : 11 October Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 11 October Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 11 October Edition!
- How To Get MySejahtera Certificate For Overseas Vaccine!
- New Interstate + Inter-District Travel Rules For Sabah!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!