Is this amazing female dancer a robot created by China for a dance show in Shanghai?
Watch the viral video for yourself, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
Countless people have been sharing this video of this amazing female robot dancer with a human / robot partner on social media and on YouTube. It is often paired with a short explanation in (broken) English.
Amazing Female Dancer : Not A Robot Made By China
The agility and grace of this female dancer, and her facial expressions, are incredible because she is really a human being, and not a robot made by China.
Fact #1 : It Was A WDSF Competition
That video was recorded during the 2018 World DanceSport Federation Championship in Lithuania.
The initials WDSF (World DanceSport Federation), as well as recording date, can be seen at the upper left corner of the video.
Fact #2 : The Dance Only Lasted A Minute
Even though the fake message claimed that dance lasted for 5 minutes, it really only lasted just over a minute in the video.
Fact #3 : They Are Lithuanian Dance Champions
Both dancers are actually Lithuanian dance champions. The female dancer is Ieva Zukauskaite, while the male dancer is Evaldas Sodeika.
Fact #4 : 499 Yuan Was The Entry Price To Shanghai Disneyland
The fake story claimed that the ticket to watch this performance costs 499 Yuan – about US$73 / £55 / RM303. That would be ridiculously exorbitant for a short dance.
Even that was not accurate, because 499 Yuan was the cost of an entry ticket to the Shanghai Disneyland when it first opened in February 2016.
Since 6 June 2018, it has been priced at 399 Yuan (off-peak), 575 Yuan (peak) and 665 Yuan (peak holiday).
Why Would Someone Create This Fake Story?
With China’s aggressive foreign stance in recent years, it is not uncommon to see such fake stories being created and shared.
Some believe it’s part of a concerted attempt to burnish China’s image overseas.
Others believe the many fake stories are being created to drown out the negative coverage of China’s controversial Belt and Road Initiative, and their aggressive moves in the South China Sea.
Whatever the reasons may be, it is our duty as global citizens to stop the proliferation of such fake stories.
Please share this fact check with your friends, so they know the truth!
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- 444 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 December 2020
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!