The Ann Joo Steel Factory, formerly Malayawata Steel, exploded just after 4 PM on 20 October 2020.
The incident was caught on video, and fortunately, there were no fatalities!
Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
The Steel Making Plant 2 at the Ann Joo Steel Factory in Prai, Penang, suffered an explosion just after 4 PM on Tuesday, 20 October 2020.
The incident was caught on video at around 4:07 PM, and fortunately, there were no fatalities!
According to the Fire Department, they received a call at 4:28 PM and sent a team of 15 firemen. They put out the fire inside the smelting section of the 3-storey building, which housed an electric arc furnace.
The Prai Fire Department operations chief Azrul Khairi Abu Bakar said that about six Ann Joo steel workers sustained minor injuries, and were sent to the hospital for treatment.
He also said that about 30% of that section was damaged. A team would be sent to investigate the cause of the explosion tomorrow, after the melted steel have cooled down.
MTUC Penang On Ann Joo Steel Factory Explosion
The Penang division of the Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) issued this press release on the Ann Joo Steel Factory explosion :
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya Ver. 7
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!