You may have seen the warning and video of a MASSIVE anti-lockdown gathering of Muslim migrants in Ampang, that has been circulating on WhatsApp!
Let us show you why this is yet another COVID-19-flavoured anti-migrant, and possibly Islamophobic hoax!
Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants In Ampang?
Here is the message about the anti-lockdown gathering of Muslim migrants in Ampang, together with a screenshot from the video.
We are not posting the video, because it is merely a short 18-second video that shows Muslim men milling around, with music playing in the background.
Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants : Hoax Debunked!
Now, let us show you why this is yet another Internet hoax, that is arguably trying to pit Malaysians against the Muslim migrant population.
That Is Sungai Buloh, Not Ampang
If you watched the video, you will see two restaurants in the background. Look at this crop of the video.
That’s Restoran Sam Kee and Restoran Juhin, located along Jalan Market in Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh.
MBSA Football Field, Not MPAJ Field
The gathering did not happen in an MPAJ field, but rather in this MBSA (Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam) football field in Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh.
Restoran Sam Kee (red signboard) and Restoran Juhin (green signboard) is part of the row of shophouses on the left.
Definitely Before MCO
If you look carefully, you will notice that the shops in the background at all open.
That means this video was recorded before the Malaysian government issued the Movement Control Order (MCO) across the country from 18 March 2020 onwards.
The background music is upbeat, and it doesn’t look like the crowd is there to protest anything, much less the Movement Control Order (MCO).
No Other Sources
Now, it is always critical for us to fact-check all such rumours online through reliable sources. We can find NO report on any such gathering in Sungai Buloh or Ampang.
Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants : Misappropriated Video
For certain, the video shows that this gathering did occur, and we know that the video was recorded before 18 March 2020.
The person who created the hoax merely misappropriated the video to make his/her fake message more believable.
For certain, there was NO massive gathering of Muslim migrants protesting the Movement Control Order (MCO).
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Thai King Death From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- Bomohs Combine Powers To Trap COVID-19 Toyol!
- Did This Malaysian Student Die From COVID-19 In London?
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!