The Arte Cheras project was shut down, after 163 workers tested positive for COVID-19!
This cluster is now officially called Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan. Here are the details!
Arte Cheras : Closed After 163 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
Construction of Arte Cheras ground to a halt on 4 December 2020, after 163 workers there tested positive for COVID-19.
All 163 affected workers – 3 Malaysian citizens and 159 are foreign workers – were sent to the Sungai Buloh Hospital for treatment.
They are working to identify their close contacts, who will then be quarantined in a hotel.
The Arte Cheras project was ordered to stop work for 14 days, and the construction site sealed by the Malaysia Ministry of Health at around 4 PM on 4 December 2020.
They would then conduct an inspection of the Arte Cheras work site and worker dormitories to determine if they have been complying with the SOP.
The Arte Cheras project is a leasehold serviced apartment project by Nusmetro, located next to Tesco Extra Cheras, in Taman Midah.
Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan
KKM has now named this cluster – Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan (Roundabout Construction Site Cluster), and provided more details.
The index case (Case 67708) was reported positive for COVID-19 on 2 December 2020, after being screened before going overseas.
As of 5 December 2020, 319 individuals were tested, of which 163 cases were confirmed positive in this cluster.
Arte Cheras COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
The Arte Cheras construction site is closed off to the public, so the risk of infection should be limited to the site and worker dormitories.
That said, the local workers live outside, and even the foreign workers can leave the site to purchase food and other essentials.
They could have posed a risk to those they come into close contact with, while in public places, especially if they were not wearing face masks, or distancing themselves.
That is why we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Since Tesco Cheras is right next door, many of these workers would have shopped there. The Tesco Cheras management might want to look at testing their staff, just in case.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- 376 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 3 December 2020
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Glenmarie Golf Club : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Uncle Don’s Solaris : 2 COVID Cases, Patrons Asked To Test!
- Uncle Don’s SS2 Cluster : 13 Positive Cases So Far!
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- CMCO Business Activities Extended To 12 AM, Except Sabah!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Trump Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia | Rojak Pot
Pingback: No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell's Palsy? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Three Golf Clubs Hit By COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot