We can now confirm that the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme for people below 60 years of age will start on 26 May 2021!
Here are the details! Share them with your friends, and get them to sign up too!
AstraZeneca 2.0 (Below 60) : Register From 26 May Onwards!
JKJAV – the Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply – announced at 2:07 PM on 25 May 2021, that the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme will be opened up to 18 years and above at 12 PM on Wednesday, 26 May 2021!
To be clear, AstraZeneca 2.0 programme will then available to those below 60 years of age, as well as those who are 60 years and older, who are already eligible.
Starting at 12 PM on 26 May 2021, these will be the new requirements for the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme :
- Aged 18 years and above
- Have previously registered for vaccination under the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme
- Live in Johor, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Sarawak or Selangor.
In addition, the NRIC number (or passport number) and address in MySejahtera must match those you use to register for the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme.
For more details on the registration process, you can read our AstraZeneca 2.0 Registration Guide!
AstraZeneca 2.0 (Below 60) : Not Open On 25 May 2021!
It was announced earlier that the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme would be open to seniors age 60 years or older, and only open up to those below 60 years after 26 May 2021.
However, people started sharing news that the government was opening up the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme to younger people about 2 days earlier, because of poor demand.
It started with an Oriental Daily news report that claimed that National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, decided this morning to open up the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme earlier.
This was followed up by messages like this :
AstraZeneca Covid Vaccination program for people of KL, Selangor, Penang, Johor,Sarawak.
Dates: 25 May 6.00pm
Age : 18 and above
Please get your team member, parents, relatives and people in your neighbourhood registered.
Let this be part of your service to control the spread of the virus.🙏🙏🙏
Registration starts at 6.00pm tomorrow
And even this very convincing graphic (on the left) really looks like the real thing. Compare it to the real one that JKJAV just released (on the right).
JKJAV was asked about this, and indirectly labelled this as fake news, saying that currently the AstraZeneca 2.0 programme is only open for senior citizens age 60 years and above.
Hi, please only refer to our official platforms for any announcement about the opening of AZ vaccine appointment booking. Currently AZ 2.0 is open for senior citizens 60 and above. Thank you. https://t.co/IaFk8F1XQy
— Vaksin COVID-19 🇲🇾 (@JKJAVMY) May 24, 2021
If you need more convincing, take a look at the font of the viral graphic above. As you can see, the font is slightly different for the fake graphic.
In particular, the font for the number 60 is different. And the creator added the word “old”.
- How To Register For Your AstraZeneca Vaccine Round 2!
- WARNING : Klang Valley ICUs Now At 113% Capacity!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- UKM Bangi Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ UM : A Video + Picture Guide!
- New Vaccination Process @ WTCKL Starting 15 May 2021!
- Pharmaniaga Sinovac Vaccine Finally Ready For Distribution!
- MCO 3.0 : Sarawak Sticking With CMCO + Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again!
- No MCO 3.0 In Sabah, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!
- COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled!
- Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too!
- Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Golf Allowed And Then Banned Again!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!