Malaysia just received the first batch of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Gets First Batch Of AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
On 25 April 2021, the Malaysia Health Minister announced that the first batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 8:20 PM on Friday, 23 April 2021.
The 268,800 doses was purchased through the COVAX vaccine sharing scheme, and are enough to vaccinate 134,400 people.
These AstraZeneca vaccine doses were manufactured in South Korea by SK Bioscience, and approved for use in Malaysia on 2 April 2021.
This is a small fraction of the 6.4 million vaccine doses that Malaysia agreed to purchase from AstraZeneca in December 2020.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, codenamed AZD1222, is a viral vector vaccine.
It uses a chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 – which has been modified to prevent replication, to introduce a DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once injected, the vaccine enters the cell and “teaches” it to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins and express them on its surface.
These spike proteins triggers the immune response to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sinovac Vaccine From Pharmaniaga Gets Approved!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 10 May 2021!
- TK Bakery Taman Segar : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- How To Vaccinate On Same Day As Spouse / Dependent!
- PDRM Tightens Interstate Travel For Social Visits, Not Work!
- Tanker Hits Juru Toll, Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- Photos Of Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- You Can Ask To Vaccinate On Same Day As Your Spouse!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations!
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Putrajaya Buka Puasa Picnic Did Not Follow SOP?
- Can Travel Interstate For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Offer COVID-19 Vaccines Too!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!