Auto Global Parts Industries shut down indefinitely after 94 employees tested positive for COVID-19 in a screening test!
Auto Global Parts Industries : 94 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 28 December 2020, New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad announced that 94 employees at Auto Global Parts Industries in Meru, Klang tested positive for COVID-19.
This affected employees tested positive during a screening test carried out on 24 December 2020, involving a total of 314 employees.
They are all now receiving treatment at designated government facilities, and their primary contacts have also been identified.
New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad decided to close Auto Global Parts Industries from 25 December 2020 until further notice for disinfection and sanitisation.
They will also disinfect and sanitise their foreign employees’ hostels, as per KKM guidelines.
Fortunately, this did not affect their plastic parts factory located at a different location, which is still in operation. Their office operations are also unaffected, with Management and supervisory staff working from home.
Auto Global Parts Industries : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Auto Global Parts Industries employees, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
This case highlights the risks of staying in close quarters in worker hostels, and why the government continues to insist that office employees must work from home.
You are only at risk if you come into close contact with these affected employees, including outsiders supplying and transporting in and out of their factory.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the building of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
The best way to protect yourself is to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
Auto Global Parts Industries : Official Statement
This was the official statement posted by New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad on 28 December 2020 :
New Hoong Fatt Holdings Berhad (“the Company”) had commenced its planned precautionary COVID-19 testing of all foreign and local employees of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Auto Global Parts Industries Sdn Bhd (“AGP”). The screening test was conducted on 24 December 2020 at AGP’s metal parts production factory in Meru, Klang, involving a total of 314 employees.
There were 94 employees of AGP have been tested positive for COVID-19 during the planned screening test. The affected employees are currently receiving appropriate treatment at designated Government facilities as directed by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (“KKM”) and all primary contacts of the affected employees have been identified.
As an immediate response to protect the health and safety of the workforce and the community at large, the Company has temporarily closed the affected metal parts production factory from 25 December 2020 until further notice to contain potential infection. The Management of AGP is undertaking disinfection and sanitisation procedures on the affected production factory as well as on foreign employees’ hostels as per the guidelines provided by KKM. In addition, the Company has notified all employees as well as AGP’s suppliers and customers about the confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The Company’s plastic parts production factory, which is situated at a different location, is currently in operation. The office operations are unaffected as the Company has been practicing working from home for its Management and supervisory staff. The Company will continue to adhere to COVID-19 preventive standard operating procedures issued by the relevant authorities from time to time and work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure the health and safety of all its employees.
As this has been planned by the Management, the temporary closure of the metal parts production factory is not expected to have any material impact on the Group’s revenue and earnings for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- 455 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 28 December 2020
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 113010 Cases, 88941 Healed, 471 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 119077 Cases, 97218 Healed, 494 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 117373 Cases, 94492 Healed, 483 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 122845 Cases, 99449 Healed, 509 Dead | Rojak Pot