I don’t know who Tai Zee Kin is, but I keep seeing people on my Facebook timeline quoting him. Is he a doyen of Malaysian politics, or someone from a political family? Sorry, I am just not keeping up with the who’s who of Malaysian politics, especially when it comes to the wannabes.
It doesn’t matter who he is though. I just can’t stand bullshit, even if it comes from an actual doyen of Malaysian politics, or a friend. Take a look at this latest drivel he posted, courtesy of a friend.
I am no politician but even I can easily point out the numerous logical and factual holes in his points.
Why Bersih 4.0 Must Be Held In KL
2. Sure, there will be plenty of people calling for Najib to step down, but Bersih existed and had its first rally BEFORE Najib Tun Razak became Prime Minister. So Bersih 4.0 is NOT about ousting Najib as Prime Minister.
4. Having a rally is not about convenience, easy access to parking, food, water, amenities or a nice view. Bersih 4.0 isn’t a tour – it’s a rally. If you cannot understand the difference, you shouldn’t be talking about it, much less criticising it.
6. Why should Bersih leave KL alone? Bersih 4.0 is not just happening in KL. It’s happening in multiple cities ALL OVER THE WORLD.
8. Traffic problems are an issue for KL? Then why didn’t you protest when DBKL closed Jalan Ampang, Jalan P. Ramlee and Jalan Sultan Ismail for two days in July and three days in August for the KL City Grand Prix? Why not protest against the closure of 18 routes surrounding Dataran Merdeka from the 26th until the 31st of August for the National Day celebrations?
Why You Should Not Go
If Tai Zee Kin wants to stop people from attending the Bersih 4.0 rally, he should try using the truth instead. Come, let me help you :
- Rallies like Bersih 4.0 are not going to change the fact that our political system is skewed to maintain the government in power through gerrymandering and other electoral tricks like phantom voters and the electoral roll challenge.
- Rallies like Bersih 4.0 are not going to change the government, and the Bersih organisers certainly do not intend to topple the government of the day. It will be a very sad day for Malaysian democracy if our government is toppled by a mob, instead of through free and fair elections.
- Rallies like Bersih 4.0 are not going to help change the macroeconomic situation of the country one way or another. Neither is it going to help abolish the GST, which is a necessary evil.
- Rallies like Bersih 4.0 are only good for rallying the people to show their disgust at the usurping of their voting rights, the corruption of our government and government officials, and the mishandling of our nation.
OOPS! Sorry, the last point isn’t very helpful, is it? Alas, that is the problem with the truth, innit? It doesn’t always mesh with what we really want… 😉
Let’s get our fat asses down there and show that we care for the nation’s well being!
We can’t tolerate the same old shit dished by these PeeM’s department for so many years! It’s shit for breakfast, shit for lunch and shit for dinner. No, no and no, not anymore this time! We don’t want no shit for our table, we want our nation back!