BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that another employee at their IPC store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 5 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee who worked at the Wine & Spirit department of their IPC store tested positive for COVID-19 on 4 January 2021.
On 8 July 2021, BIG announced that another employee – a cashier who last worked on 7 July 2021, tested positive for COVID-19.
On 21 July 2021, BIG announced that another employee who last worked at the trolley collection department on 20 July 2021,tested positive for COVID-19.
On 6 August 2021, BIG announced that one of their security staff who last worked on 5 August 2021, tested positive for COVID-19.
They sent all of their other staff for a swab test, and the BIG @ IPC store will undergo deep cleaning and sanitisation.
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
This is the latest official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their IPC store.
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The Malaysia Ministry of Health will be conducting close contact tracing.
If you frequented BIG IPC on or before 5 August 2021, you should self-quarantine and wait to see if you have been identified as a close contact. You may then be required to get tested.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 4 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 4 August 2021 Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 3 August 2021 Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 1 SOP : 3 August 2021 Edition!
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : 5 Ways To Build Immunity Vs COVID-19?
- Moderna Spikevax Vaccine Now Approved In Malaysia!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!