BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that an employee at their IPC store just tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 5 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee at their IPC store just tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee, who worked at the Wine & Spirit department was last at work yesterday, 4 January 2021.
Even though they closed their store at The Linc today, BIG did not announce a closure of their IPC store. They only said that they would sanitise the store today.
They also announced that they would send all employees identified as close contacts for a swab test and home quarantine.
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their IPC store.
BIG, IPC, 5 Jan 2021
Please be aware we were informed one of our staff in IPC from Wine & Spirit department is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 5 Jan 2021, staff identified as close contact will undergo swab test and send for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
The store will undergo deep sanitisation today for the safety of our customer and staff. We will continue to provide information update.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority and we urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Unlike their delayed announcement for The Linc store, BIG was quick to announce this infection.
Anyone who frequented the Wine & Spirit department at BIG IPC on or before 4 January 2021, should self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- 509 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 5 January 2021
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!