BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – announced that more employees at their IPC store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 5 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee at their IPC store just tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee, who worked at the Wine & Spirit department was last at work on 4 January 2021.
On 9 January 2021, BIG announced that more employees at their IPC store also tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employees were from their F&B counter, as well as seafood, and grocery departments. They were last at work on 8 January 2021.
This time, BIG closed their IPC store for a day on 9 January 2021, to perform deep cleaning and sanitisation.
They then reopened BIG IPC on 10 January 2021, with a new team that had “no contact with the affected team”, and had already tested negative on their swab tests.
This is the second time BIG IPC has a COVID-19 exposure, and the third store after their Publika and The Linc stores to be hit by COVID-19.
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their IPC store.
BIG, IPC, 9 Jan 2021
Please be aware we were informed a few of our staff from F&B counter, seafood and grocery department is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 9 Jan 2021. We have identified the close contact, all have undergone swab test and sent for home quarantine. Affected staff were last reported to work on 8 Jan 2021. MOH will continue conduct contact tracing.
BIG – IPC outlet will be closed on 9 Jan 2021 to undergo deep cleaning and sanitisation for the safety of our customer and staff. We will continue to provide information update.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority and we urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ IPC COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented BIG IPC on or before 8 January 2021, should self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
We should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : One COVID-19 Case!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 141533 Cases, 110584 Healed, 559 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 144518 Cases, 111578 Healed, 563 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases | Rojak Pot