BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that a fourth person at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
On 13 January 2021, BIG announced that a security guard at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 16 January 2021, BIG announced that two more security guards at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 19 January 2021, BIG announced that one of their outsourced cleaners at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
The cleaner last reported to work on 16 January 2021, and tested positive on 19 January 2021.
Unlike the previous case, BIG closed their Plaza Batai store at 4 PM, for deep cleaning and sanitisation. They also sent all of their Plaza Batai staff members for a swab test.
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their Plaza Batai store.
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented the BIG Plaza Batai, and talked to, or interacted with the cleaners there, on or before 16 January 2021, should self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The risk will be low if both the affected cleaner and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP!
- 619 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 January 2021
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Coming Under MCO / PKP Too!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Two More Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Two More Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Multiple Jaya Grocer Intermark Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!