BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that a security guard at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ Plaza Batai : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19!
On 13 January 2021, BIG announced that a security guard at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
He last reported to work on 10 January 2021, and tested positive on 13 January 2021.
BIG did not close their Plaza Batai store, but sanitised it overnight, and sent employees identified as close contacts for a swab test and home quarantine.
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their Plaza Batai store.
BIG, Batai outlet, 13 Jan 2021
Please be aware we were informed one of our outsourced security guard in Batai outlet is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 13 Jan 2021, last reported to work on 10 Jan 2021. Staff identified as close contact will undergo swab test and send for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
The store undergone deep sanitisation tonight for the safety of our customer and staff. We will continue to provide information update.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority and we urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented the BIG Plaza Batai, and talked to, or interacted with the security guards there, on or before 12 January 2021, should self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The risk will be low if both the affected guard and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
We should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 555 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 161740 Cases, 122344 Healed, 605 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 165371 Cases, 125288 Healed, 619 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 169379 Cases, 127662 Healed, 630 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 172549 Cases, 130152 Healed, 642 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ Plaza Batai : Sixth Person Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG Batai : Seventh Person Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot