BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that two additional security guards at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ Plaza Batai : Two More Security Guard Positive For COVID-19!
On 13 January 2021, BIG announced that a security guard at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 16 January 2021, BIG announced that two more security guards at their Plaza Batai store tested positive for COVID-19.
They reported to work on 15 January 2021, and tested positive on 16 January 2021.
Like in the previous case, BIG will not close their Plaza Batai store, but will instead sanitise it overnight, and send employees identified as close contacts for a swab test and home quarantine.
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their Plaza Batai store.
BIG @ Plaza Batai COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented the BIG Plaza Batai, and talked to, or interacted with the security guards there, on or before 15 January 2021, should self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
The risk will be low if both the affected guard and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Multiple Jaya Grocer Intermark Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Jaya Grocer Intermark : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Third Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : One Guard Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!