BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that a fifth person at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
On 8 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 12 January 2021, BIG announced that a second employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 14 January 2021, BIG announced that a third employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 15 January 2021, BIG announced that a fourth person – a concessionaire counter staff at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 19 January 2021, BIG announced that a fifth person – an employee at their Publika store also tested positive for COVID-19.
This latest BIG @ Publika employee last worked at the Chill & Frozen department on 15 January 2021.
This time, BIG closed their Publika store early at 4 PM, to sanitise and deep clean the store. They also sent all of their employees for a swab test.
BIG @ Publika COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the fifth COVID-19 exposure at their Publika store.
BIG, Publika, 19 Jan 2021
Please be aware we were informed today, one of our staff from Chill & Frozen department in Publika outlet is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 19 Jan 2021, last reported to work on 15 Jan 2021.
B.I.G. Publika outlet was closed since 4pm today to have all staff to undergo swab test and the store to undergo deep cleaning and sanitization for the safety of our staff and customer. An update on re-opening time will be announced tomorrow.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
This notice is part of our commitment to full transparency to customers to assist in their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ Publika COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented the Chill & Frozen department at BIG Publika on or before 15 January 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP!
- 619 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 January 2021
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Coming Under MCO / PKP Too!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Two More Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Two More Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Multiple Jaya Grocer Intermark Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!