BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced that a fourth person at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
On 8 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 12 January 2021, BIG announced that a second employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 14 January 2021, BIG announced that a third employee at their Publika store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 15 January 2021, BIG announced that a fourth person – a concessionaire counter staff at their Publika store also tested positive for COVID-19.
This concessionaire counter staff last reported to work on 14 January 2021.
In all four incidences, BIG did not close their Publika store, but sanitised it instead, and sent employees identified as close contacts for a swab test and home quarantine.
BIG @ Publika COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the fourth COVID-19 exposure at their Publika store.
BIG, Publika, 15 Jan 2021
Please be aware we were informed today, one of our concessionaire counter staff in Publika outlet is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 15 Jan 2021, last reported to work on 14 Jan 2021. This is part of our effort to send our staff for regular swab test to ensure the safety of our staff and customer.
Staff identified as close contact will undergo swab test and send for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority and we urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ Publika COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who frequented the grocery department at BIG Publika on or before 15 January 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
We should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 158434 Cases, 120051 Healed, 601 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 161740 Cases, 122344 Healed, 605 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 165371 Cases, 125288 Healed, 619 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer Southkey : Employee Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot