BIG – Ben’s Independent Grocer – just announced the closure of their store at The Linc after at least one employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
BIG @ The Linc : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 5 January 2021, BIG announced that an employee at their store at The Linc tested positive for COVID-19 on 27 December 2020.
They sanitised BIG @ The Linc on the same day – 27 December 2020 – and sent all employees identified as close contacts for a swab test and home quarantine.
However, they only announced this 9 days later, together with their announcement that BIG @ The Linc would be closed today – 5 January 2021 – for a second round of sanitisation.
BIG @ The Linc COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by BIG on the COVID-19 exposure at their store at The Linc.
BIG, The Linc, 5 Jan 2021
Please be aware following where we were informed one of our staff is confirmed Covid-19 positive on 27 Dec 2020, staff identified as close contact have undergone swab test and sent for home quarantine. MOH will conduct contact tracing.
BIG The Linc will be closed on 5 Jan 2021. We will continue to provide information update.
The store will once again undergo deep sanitation for the safety of our customer and staff.
Kindly refer to information release by MOH only for verification. For more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
The health and safety of our customer and staff are our utmost priority and we urge everyone to take their own precautionary measures to protect from Covid-19.
The management, Ben’s Independent Grocer
BIG @ The Linc COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The declaration and store closure NINE DAYS after their employee tested positive is peculiar.
More so when they mentioned that MOH will conduct contact tracing. It’s either bad grammar, or suggests that there may have been more than just that one case.
Until they reveal more information, there’s no way to assess how much risk the affected employee(s) posed to BIG customers.
In any case, they are correct that we need to take our own precautionary measures to protect ourselves.
It is critical that we wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!