Did George Floyd protestors and BLM supporters attack and damage the famous Abraham Lincoln statue at the Lincoln Memorial?
Not so fast! Here are the facts on what really happened at the Lincoln Memorial!
BLM Protestors Attacked Abe Lincoln Statue?
Quite a few right-wing Americans are sharing this picture of the Abraham Lincoln statue vandalised and broken, allegedly by George Floyd protestors and BLM supporters.
As you can see, the Abraham Lincoln statue’s head was partly cut off, and BLM- and George Floyd-related graffiti spray-painted on it :
- Black + Brown Lives Matter
- #BLM / BLM
- George Floyd
- The Real Martyrs
- Trayvon Michael [sic]
- Refugees Welcome
When you consider the last graffiti example, the list appears to touch on what right wing Americans despise the most.
Verdict : BLM Protestors Did NOT Attack The Abraham Lincoln Statue!
This appears to be yet another fake picture on the George Floyd / Black Lives Matter protests in the United States. And here are the reasons why this is fake.
Reason #1 : The Photo Was Clearly Edited!
The photo was edited to show the head of the Abraham Lincoln statue chopped off. If you look closely, the edges look perfectly two-dimensional, like someone removed it on a photo editor.
The graffiti also do not follow the three-dimensional variations on the statue. They look like they were overlaid on a two-dimensional photo.
Reason #2 : They Would Have To Get Past The National Guard!
The DC National Guard was deployed to protect the Lincoln Memorial itself, so it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for any protestor to make it up the steps, much less attack and damage the Abraham Lincoln statue.
Reason #3 : National Mall and Memorial Parks Confirmed It
National Mall and Memorial Parks confirmed that one of the outer columns at the Lincoln Memorial had Yall Not Tired Yet? spray-painted, and the National World War II Memorial was spray-painted with Do Black Vets Count? on the night of 30 May 2020.
The damage though was minimal, and they were removed by 4 June 2020.
- George Floyd Challenge : So Dangerous + Racist!
- US Protestors Breaking Into White House : Hoax Debunked!
- Spot The Difference : Hong Kong vs George Floyd Protestors!
- Did White Cops Arrest A Black Man Only To Find He’s FBI?
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- GrabPay Scam Alert : Be Careful Of FAKE Friends!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Hari Raya Rush @ Kenanga Wholesale City On CMCO Day 1?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Kim Clement : Kim Jong-un Death Prophesy Failed Again
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!