In addition to announcing another extension of the MCO (Movement Control Order), the Prime Minister of Malaysia also announced that certain business operations will be allowed to resume in stages.
Here is the full list of allowed business operations during the Movement Control Order (MCO), and the government’s requirements.
Business Ops Allowed During MCO : What Happened?
On 10 April 2020, the Prime Minister of Malaysia Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, announced that the Movement Control Order or MCO would be further extended to 28 April 2020.
He stated that he was aware that the country’s economy was greatly affected by the MCO, and a special cabinet cabinet committee had looked into the issue, and decided that certain economic sectors would be allowed to resume operation during the MCO in stages.
This would help to reduce the economic damage from the MCO, but he stressed that “all parties are required to comply with the directives from the authorities” and that the government would not hesitate to withdraw the permission to operate if any company fails to adhere to the guidelines.
What Business Operations Will Be Allowed During MCO?
The Ministry of International Trade And Industry released the list of business operations that would be allowed to operate during the MCO. Here is the original version in Bahasa Malaysia :
And here is our English translation :
Business Operations Allowed During MCO : Requirements
The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) hasn’t released the requirements for the different business operations allowed during the MCO. Today, they issued two notices :
- The companies listed in the allowed sectors will only be allowed to operate AFTER being receiving approval from MITI
- The application (process) for companies in the approved list will only be open at 9:00 AM on Monday, 13 April 2020, through MITI’s COVID-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) 2.0 system.
When MITI released details of this program, it came in the form of an FAQ that ran many pages. So we created a separate article for that @ MITI FAQ On Business Ops Allowed During MCO.
Some Are Balking At Restarting Business Operations
The Penang Chief Minister, Chow Kon Yeow, today announced that the Penang Security Council Committee (JKKN) decided NOT to allow basic hairdressing services to operate in Penang during the MCO.
In addition, the Malaysian Hairdressing Association issued a press release on this issue, pointing out that 91% of hairdressers in Malaysia do NOT agree to resuming business during the MCO.
However, they confusingly started that the Malaysian Hairdressing Association “encourages and opposes” the resumption of business activity by hairdressers during the MCO. We will update and let you know when they decide to get off the fence…
Update : Due to their protest, hair salons and barbershops were removed from the list of companies allowed to restart business operations during the MCO.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser Or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 4530 Cases, 1995 Healed, 73 Dead
- Fact Check : Out-Of-Control Crowd @ Johor Bahru CIQ!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- New COVID-19 Clusters Show The Danger Of Social Contact!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Military Cordons Off Jalan Masjid India Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 : Selangor Mansion + Malayan Mansion On EMCO!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 138 Healthcare Workers Infected
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!