Jaya Grocer will reopen their Mutiara Tropicana outlet after deep cleaning and tests of their remaining employees came back negative for COVID-19.
Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 17 October 2020, Jaya Grocer announced that an employee at their Mutiara Tropicana outlet tested positive for COVID-19.
This would be the second COVID-19 incident involving Jaya Grocer, after their security guard tested positive at Jaya Grocer 1 Utama.
The employee stayed at the Tropicana Golf Club Hostel, which was a known COVID-19 hotspot, and was thus asked to self-quarantine since 6 October 2020.
This employee was therefore no longer working at Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana since 6 October 2020, and have not been in contact with colleagues since then.
They closed their Mutiara Tropicana outlet on 18 October 2020 for a deep cleaning exercise, and send their other employees at that branch for COVID-19 tests.
On around 11 PM on 19 October 2020, they announced that all of their other employees at the Mutiara Tropicana branch have tested negative for COVID-19.
They will now reopen Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana at 9:30 AM on 20 October 2020.
Jaya Grocer COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they should be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Jaya Grocer employee before 6 October 2020, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping-related infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : Official Statements
Here was the initial official statement posted by Jaya Grocer on 17 October 2020 :
It is with utmost regret that we must inform you that one staff at Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana tested positive for COVID-19 on 17 October 2020.
This staff was told to self-quarantine as early as 6 October 2020 as the staff is residing in Hostel Tropicana Golf Club. No other staff members are residing in that area. Please be aware that this staff member has not been on-site at Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana since 6 October 2020. This staff has also avoided all contact with fellow colleagues since.
As a precautionary measure, we will be closing Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana on 18 October 2020 in order to test all Jaya Grocer staff at the Mutiara Tropicana branch. Said outlet will remain closed until all test results have been released. Meanwhile, deep cleaning and sanitizing will be carried out at the outlet.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana and we kindly seek your cooperation and understanding during these unprecedented times, as we want to ensure both the safety of our customers and the local community. We will continue to keep you informed via social media.
Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
TRENDCELL SDN. BHD.
Followed by this statement on 19 October 2020.
All test results for the Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana staff came back as negative. As a result, we will re-open on Tuesday, 20th October 2020 at 9.30am.
During this closure, we would like to reassure our customers that all sanitisation is done in accordance with the requirements set by the MoH. All products have also been replenished and replaced, where necessary, to ensure freshness and cleanliness.
Thank you for your continuous support and we would like to welcome you back to Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana. We wish you all the best. Please stay safe and healthy.
The management of Jaya Grocer
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Rotiboy Closes Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Mid Valley Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Case
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!