Did 25 year-old former NBA star Caleb Swanigan die from the COVID-19 vaccine?!
Take a look at the viral claims, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Caleb Swanigan Died From COVID-19 Vaccine!
Mere hours after news broke that former NBA and Purdue basketball star, Caleb Swanigan died, people started claiming that he died from the COVID-19 vaccine.
Here are just a few examples of those claims circulating on social media :
Read more : Did Tyler Sanders Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
No Evidence Caleb Swanigan Died From COVID-19 Vaccine!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created and propagated by anti-vaccination activists, and here are the reasons why… and the current facts that we know so far.
Fact #1 : Coroner Confirmed Swanigan Died Of Natural Causes
The Allen County Coroners Office had already finished its autopsy, and confirmed to multiple media sources that Caleb Swanigan died of natural causes at the Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The coroner’s office senior investigator Rebecca Maze also told them that a private doctor will be handling Swanigan’s death certificate.
There is no evidence Swanigan’s cause of death was COVID-19 vaccine side effects.
Death from vaccine side effects can be proven. Vaccine-induced myocarditis, for example, has distinct histopathology findings that are different from typical myocarditis.
Fact #2 : Swanigan Struggled With Weight Issues
Caleb Swanigan had an troubled childhood, spending time in homeless shelters before being adopted by former Detroit Lions star turned sports agent, Roosevelt Barnes.
Swanigan struggled with his weight growing up, weighing 360 lbs (163 kg) as a 13 year-old; but with Barnes’ encouragement, he finished high school as a 6 ft 9 in tall basketball player with a weight of just 260 lbs (118 kg).
After leaving the NBA in Spring 2020, he had a stint with the Portland Trail Blazers, but opted out in the 2022 NBA Bubble due to personal reasons.
Since then, he put on a lot of weight which was noticeable when he was arrested for possession of 3.4 pounds (1.5 kg) of marijuana on December 23, 2022.
When Swanigan appeared for his May 17, 2021 court date, the former basketball player already weighed over 400 lbs (181 kg). So it is possible that his weight issues may have played a part in his early death.
Fact #3 : Unknown If Caleb Swanigan Was Even Vaccinated
It is currently unknown if Caleb Swanigan was vaccinated against COVID-19, so it would be wrong for anyone to claim that he died from the COVID-19 vaccine.
For all we know – he may not even be vaccinated! The COVID-19 vaccine is not mandatory in the United States, despite what anti-vaccination activists may claim.
Unless we know for sure he was vaccinated, anyone who tells you he died from the vaccine is simply lying.
Fact #4 : COVID-19 Vaccines Proven Safe + Effective
COVID-19 vaccines underwent massive clinical trials, and were only approved after they were proven to be safe and effective.
In addition, they were constantly monitored after they received their approvals, which picked up rare side effects after they were administered to billions of people.
Anti-vaccination activists have often claimed that those who received the vaccine would die. Yet, the opposite was true – the vaccines are not only safe, they are effective in protecting people from getting hospitalised or dying from COVID-19.
Fact #5 : Vaccine Side Effects Generally Last Only A Few Days
COVID-19 vaccine side effects are generally mild, and last only a few days.
In rare cases, the recipient may suffer from blood clots (AstraZeneca) or myocarditis (Pfizer / Moderna), but they develop within days of receiving the vaccine, not months later.
If Swanigan received the COVID-19 vaccine, he would have received all his doses last year. It is quite impossible for his death to be related to any COVID-19 vaccine he may have received months earlier.
Fact #6 : Claims Of Celebrities Dying From COVID-19 Vaccine Proven False
This is yet another example of anti-vaccination activists abusing celebrity deaths / injuries to create and propagate FAKE NEWS about the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines.
So far, claims of celebrity deaths / injuries due to the COVID-19 vaccine have been proven false at every instance.
- Did Tom Mann’s Fiancee, Dani Hampson, Die From Vaccine?!
- Fact Check : Did Gwen Casten Die Of COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Fact Check : Did Tyler Sanders Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Why Steve Kirsch Is 100% Wrong On Justin Bieber’s Paralysis!
- Did Justin Bieber Blame Pfizer Vaccine For His Paralysis?!
- Did Justin Bieber Get Ramsay Hunt Syndrome From Vaccine?!
- Did Indian Singer KK Die From Vaccine Heart Attack?!
- Fact Check : Did Ray Liotta Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Did Rapper Lil Keed Die From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Did Gilbert Gottfried Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Why Steve Kirsch Is Wrong About Taylor Hawkins Dying From Vaccine
- Was Bruce Willis Forced To Get COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Did Bruce Willis Get Aphasia From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Did Taylor Hawkins Die From Vaccine-Induced Myocarditis?!
- Did Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Die From Vaccine?!
- Did Bob Saget Die From COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose?
- It’s Official – Bob Saget Died From Head Trauma, Not Vaccine!
- Fact Check : Did Louie Anderson Die From Booster Dose?!
- Fact Check : Did Meat Loaf Die From Booster Dose?!
- Did Shebby Singh Die From COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose?
- Did Betty White Die From COVID-19 Booster Dose?
- Did Pfizer CEO’s Wife, Myriam Bourla, Die From Vaccine?
Will these anti-vaccination activists apologise for lying to you? Nope! They will just move on to the next celebrity death…
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out, and please SUPPORT our work!
Don’t forget to protect yourself, and your family, by vaccinating against COVID-19!
- Are MySejahtera 68808 SMS Messages A Scam?!
- Fact Check : Did Gwen Casten Die Of COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Malaysia Cancels Chicken Price Float, Maintains Water + Power Rates!
- John Albert Laylo Mistakenly Shot In US, Not Killed By Antifa!
- B40 Families + Individuals To Get RM100 / RM50 Subsidy!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!