Is Celine Dion now confined to a wheelchair in a viral video of her son’s wedding?!
Take a look at the viral video, and find out what the facts really are!
Updated @ 2023-07-01 : Added video and other updates
Originally posted @ 2023-04-13
Claim : Celine Dion Attended Her Son’s Wedding In Wheelchair!
People are sharing a TikTok and YouTube videos which claim to show Celine Dion attending her son’s wedding in a wheelchair, after being diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome.
Recommended : Leaked Last Messages From OceanGate Titan Sub?!
Truth : Celine Dion Did Not Attend Her Son’s Wedding In A Wheelchair!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created to go viral on TikTok and other social media platforms, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : Celine Dion Revealed Her Diagnosis In December 2022
First, let’s start with a quick recap on Celine Dion’s recent health problems.
Celine Dion (born Céline Marie Claudette Dion on 30 March, 1968) announced in an emotional video on 8 December 2022, that she had been struggling with health issues for a long time.
She did not mention how long ago she started experiencing muscle spasms, but they became so “severe and persistent” that on 19 October 2021, she delayed her Las Vegas residency. Then on 15 January 2022, she was forced to cancel the US and Canadian concerts from 9 March to 22 April 2022.
It was only recently that the muscle spasms Celine Dion was suffering from was diagnosed as Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) – a rare neurological disorder with features of an autoimmune disease.
Fact #2 : That Was Kathy Poirier, Not Celine Dion
The lady in the wheelchair is not Celine Dion, but a 55 year-old mother called Kathy Poirier from Florida.
Kathy Poirier suffers from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), which is also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. It is a progressive nervous system disease that causes a loss of muscle control.
When her 28 year-old son, Zak Poirier, married Anja d’Adesky, 27, on 9 April 2022, she had already lost the ability to walk, and arrived in a wheelchair.
Fact #3 : Kathy Poirier Danced With Her Son
The viral TikTok video was edited to show Celine Dion (really Kathy Poirier) being lifted to hug her son, who tears up, before she is placed back on her wheelchair.
In the real video, Kathy actually danced with her son on his wedding day! In his now-deleted Instagram post, Zak explained:
On that day, Zak and his two brothers escorted her to the dance floor for the mother-son dance. The three brothers then lifted her off the wheelchair.
With his brothers holding her upright, Kathy Poirier was able to dance with Zak that day. Her sons then lowered her back onto her wheelchair while their guests gave them a standing ovation.
Their wedding planner, Root to Stems also posted a video on Instagram, which went viral last year.
Recommended : Did Elton John Ban US Over Anti-Grooming Laws?!
Fact #5 : This Is Just Another Fake TikTok Video
This is just another example of fake videos created by TikTok content creators to go viral, and here are other examples you may have seen:
- Leaked Last Messages From OceanGate Titan Sub?!
- Is Selena Gomez Having An Affair With Zayn Malik?!
- Did Beyonce Flash Her Fans At Paris Concert?!
- Did Shane Macaulay die suddenly from vaccine SADS?!
- Did Media Watch prove Covid patients are just actors?!
- How This Doctor Pulled USB Cable Out Of Man’s Ear!
- Did Taylor Swift Just Die Suddenly In Car Accident?!
- Was Pfizer Just Fined $2.3 Billion For Vaccine Fraud?!
- Did Woman Smash Bottles Of Alcohol In Lawless US?!
- Why Mislav Kolakušić called WHO terrorist organisation!
- Did Morgan Freeman Just Die Suddenly From Cancer?!
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out, and please SUPPORT our work!
- Did Cedric Roussel Die Suddenly From COVID-19 Vaccine?!
- Malaysia Airlines Passengers Won’t Need To Turn Off Devices!
- Did Last Messages From OceanGate Titan Sub Leak Out?!
- PDRM, JPJ + DBKL To Conduct Massive Traffic Op This July!
- Did Shane Warne die suddenly from Covid-19 vaccine?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!