Malaysia just reversed their Chinese New Year SOP for the MCO lockdown.
Find out what’s changed, and why this new CNY SOP just invites more questions!
MKN U-Turns On Chinese New Year SOP!
After their original Chinese New Year restrictions were ridiculed, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) corrected and then reversed their decision today.
Here is a summary of what is now the Chinese New Year SOP in Malaysia :
Family Reunion Dinner
- Allowed for one day only, on Thursday, 11 February 2021.
- Up to 15 close family members may attend.
- Those family members must live within a radius of 10 kilometres.
- Cross-district or interstate travel is forbidden.
- Allowed on three days only – 11, 12 and 19 February 2021.
- Up to 30 people may be present at any one time.
- They must all wear face masks, and physically distance.
- Every prayer session can last up to 30 minutes, and must be followed by sanitation for 30 minutes, before the next prayer session.
- Prayers can last from 6 AM until 2 PM.
- Home prayers on the night of 19 February 2021 are allowed for the Hokkien Clan (Pai Ti Kong).
Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn : More Questions!
This is the third SOP for Chinese New Year 2021, and may not be the last.
For some reason, the government neglected Chap Goh Meh – the last day of Chinese New Year, which is also a significant date.
If they want to ban Chap Goh Meh celebrations, please state so, and say it clearly.
But even more importantly, they did not clarify whether the inter-district or interstate travel restrictions include the Klang Valley.
After all, many areas in the Klang Valley are in close proximity, even if they cross district and state lines.
For example, Damansara Perdana and Mutiara Damansara (which are in Selangor) are right next to TTDI (in Kuala Lumpur), separated only by the LDP highway. Will crossing the state and district lines between these adjoining areas be allowed?
Finally, there’s no mention of whether more than two people are allowed to travel in the same car for the reunion dinner, which 15 people can now attend.
So we expect the government to “further clarify” their Chinese New Year SOP going forward…
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- 872 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 February 2021
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- MCO 2.0 : Barber, Hair Saloon + Car Wash Allowed To Open!
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus's Stores! | The Rojak Pot