The KL City Council, DBKL, just shut down Chong Brother Bean, a tofu factory, after discovering the INSANELY unhygienic conditions there!
Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
On Monday, 15 June 2020, DBKL conducted a sanitation inspection of the Chong Brother Bean tofu factory, located at No. 13, Jalan Pudu Ulu, 56100 Cheras.
They ordered the factory shut down with an Unsanitary Premise Closure order according to Section 11 of the Food Act 1983, after discovering that :
- a cockroach infestation
- dirty, stained walls in the processing area
- a smelly, stained toilet
- employees did not wear shoes or head covers while working
- no pest control company was appointed
Take a look at the six pictures they took of the disgusting conditions at the Chong Brother Bean factory!
Here was the original post by DBKL in Bahasa Malaysia :
PEMERIKSAAN SANITASI DAN PENUTUPAN KILANG PROSES TAUHU
Lawatan dan pemeriksaan oleh DBKL pada 15 Jun 2020 (Isnin) di Chong Brother Bean
No.13, Jln Pudu Ulu, 56100, Cheras, mendapati premis tersebut:
Terdapat urungan lipas;
Lantai, dinding proses penyediaan kotor serta berdaki hitam;
Tandas berbau dan berdaki;
Pengendali tidak memakai kasut, penutup kepala semasa memproses makanan; dan
Tiada melantik syarikat kawalan serangga perosak secara berjadual.
Sehubungan dengan itu, tindakan Penutupan Premis Tidak Suci, mengikut Seksyen 11 Akta Makanan 1983 telah dilaksanakan berkuatkuasa 16 Jun 2020.
Needless to say, Malaysian netizens are now trying to figure out what tofu products Chong Brother Bean made, and if they purchased them! Do let us know if you find any tofu product made by Chong Brother Bean!
Kudos to DBKL for cracking down on this unsanitary factory, and shaming them online like this. Let this be a lesson to other food preparation companies. Please maintain good hygiene at your facilities!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Two Areas In Banting Locked Down!
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 9 June + No Raya Travel!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Bank Negara Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : What Changed?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!