The new Peninsular Malaysia CMCO SOP says that up to 4 people can sit at the same table in a restaurant, so is it possible for a family of 4 to get fined RM 1,000 per person for dining at a restaurant?
Claim : RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO
This was the claim that has gone viral on WhatsApp :
A family of 4 went to celebrate Birthday dinner at a restaurant in 2 cars . Police came to check and since their ic have to same address , each of them is fined RM1000. Reason is only 2 in 1 family can go out each time during CMCO.
The CMCO SOP On Family Dining In A Restaurant
The new CMCO SOP for Peninsular Malaysia is a little different from the earlier Klang Valley CMCO SOP.
Yes, there is still a 4 person limit for large tables, but there is a new limit of 2 persons from each household allowed to dine in a restaurant.
You can compare the two rules in page 3 and page 1 of the Peninsular Malaysia CMCO SOP below.
And here is our video with English translations of the CMCO SOP.
Restaurant Dining Limit During CMCO : Our Verdict
According to the latest SOP, you can be fined RM1,000 per person for dining in a restaurant, if there are more than 2 persons from the same household at the same table.
Many are saying that a family dining together at the same table is no different from staying in the same house, and definitely not as risky than two different couples, or four friends, dining at the same table.
However, it appears that CPRC and MKN want to prevent families from going out, period.
That’s why in addition to the 2-person per household limit to leave the house, they specifically extended that limit to dining in restaurants, cafes and other eateries.
Will they change their minds like the requirement to scan MySejahtera at petrol stations? Time will tell…
But for now, families should NOT eat together in restaurants. Stay safe, everyone!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- KL, Putrajaya + 8 States : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November!
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 42872 Cases, 31073 Healed, 302 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: When the going gets tough, the small businesses get crushed – Cuppa Zen
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 45095 Cases, 32969 Healed, 304 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 47417 Cases, 34785 Healed, 309 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Gurney Paragon Residences : 1 COVID-19 Case Confirmed! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 48520 Cases, 35606 Healed, 313 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 318 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 17 November 2020 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Foreign Workers Walking Around With COVID-19 Bracelets? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Vintry Damansara : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Kelantan Under CMCO / PKPB Starting 21 November! 😱 | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 52638 Cases, 39088 Healed, 329 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: A Father's Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19... 😭 | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 58847 Cases, 44153 Healed, 341 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 59817 Cases, 46501 Healed, 345 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 67169 Cases, 56311 Healed, 363 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 376 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 3 December 2020 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 69095 Cases, 57917 Healed, 376 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Penang CMCO Ends On 6 December, Except For 2 Mukims! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 384 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 December 2020 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell's Palsy? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Three Golf Clubs Hit By COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers? | The Rojak Pot