The new Peninsular Malaysia CMCO SOP says that up to 4 people can sit at the same table in a restaurant, so is it possible for a family of 4 to get fined RM 1,000 per person for dining at a restaurant?
Claim : RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO
This was the claim that has gone viral on WhatsApp :
A family of 4 went to celebrate Birthday dinner at a restaurant in 2 cars . Police came to check and since their ic have to same address , each of them is fined RM1000. Reason is only 2 in 1 family can go out each time during CMCO.
The CMCO SOP On Family Dining In A Restaurant
Yes, there is still a 4 person limit for large tables, but there is a new limit of 2 persons from each household allowed to dine in a restaurant.
You can compare the two rules in page 3 and page 1 of the Peninsular Malaysia CMCO SOP below.
And here is our video with English translations of the CMCO SOP.
Restaurant Dining Limit During CMCO : Our Verdict
According to the latest SOP, you can be fined RM1,000 per person for dining in a restaurant, if there are more than 2 persons from the same household at the same table.
Many are saying that a family dining together at the same table is no different from staying in the same house, and definitely not as risky than two different couples, or four friends, dining at the same table.
However, it appears that CPRC and MKN want to prevent families from going out, period.
That’s why in addition to the 2-person per household limit to leave the house, they specifically extended that limit to dining in restaurants, cafes and other eateries.
Will they change their minds like the requirement to scan MySejahtera at petrol stations? Time will tell…
But for now, families should NOT eat together in restaurants. Stay safe, everyone!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- KL, Putrajaya + 8 States : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- IKEA Damansara : Closed After Potential COVID-19 Case!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November!
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!