You can now get the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose after just 3 months!
Here is what you need to know…
You Can Get COVID-19 Booster Dose After Just 3 Months!
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) just announced that the existing 6 month booster dose interval is now halved to just 3 months!
Here is a table I created to summarise what they just announced :
|Pfizer||Pfizer||Moderna||After 3 months|
|Janssen||Pfizer||AstraZeneca||After 2 months|
* Note : These booster doses are still pending NPRA approval, and are therefore, not available yet.
Who Should Get Booster Dose In Malaysia?
The technical working group also evaluated the latest evidence, and introduced new recommendations for the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose.
These individuals are advised to receive a booster dose at least 3 months after their primary vaccination.
- All senior citizens 60 years and above
- All adults 18 years and above who received all types of vaccines (Pfizer, AZ and CoronaVac), using the age de-escalation approach
– 50 years old and above,
– 40 years old and above, and
– 18 years old and above
- Individuals with co-morbidities
- Residents and employees at long-term care facilities
Why Malaysia Reduced Booster Dose Interval To 3 Months?
They were also concerned about the latest data on the Omicron variant, which showed greater transmissibility, higher viral binding affinity and higher antibody escape.
Evidence collected over the last 3 weeks showed that a booster dose can increase protection against the Omicron variant. And early research involving 21 million booster doses in the UK showed that they are safe.
In line with those results, regulatory bodies in the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia as well as panels of health experts now recommend that the booster dose vaccination should be given as early as three (3) months after completing the primary vaccine.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- MySJ Trace : What You Must Know + Official FAQ!
- Why Would China Block Steam?
- Did FDA Ask For 75 Years To Release Pfizer Vaccine Data?
- Find Out Why NZ Man Died From Pfizer Vaccine Myocarditis!
- Is There RM300 Rear Seat Belt Fine On PLUS Highway?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!