Malaysia will start introducing a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from October 2021 onwards!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia To Give COVID-19 Booster Dose In October 2021!
The Malaysia Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced on 19 September that he has asked all vaccine manufacturers to send their booster dose information to the NPRA.
He expects the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to be approved in a week or two.
Thereafter, he will announce what COVID-19 vaccine will be used, and whether it can “mixed” – a concept known as heterologous vaccination.
Read more : Malaysia : No Mixing Of Vaccines For Now
COVID-19 Booster Dose Only For High-Risk Groups
Once approved, the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is expected to be introduced in early October 2021, after 80% of adults have been vaccinated.
However, this booster dose will be restricted to those in these high-risk groups :
- the elderly with co-morbidity
- people who are immunocompromised
- those caring for the elderly
The decision on making it available for the rest of the population will be taken later.
- 80% Of Adolescents To Get COVID-19 Vaccine By Mar 2022!
- 3 October School Reopening : What You Need To Know!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 9 Sept. 2021 Edition!
- Langkawi Tourism Bubble : What You Need To Know!
- Are Chinese Vaccines The Most Effective Vs. Delta Variant?
- National Recovery Plan SOP Updates On 8 Sept. 2021!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!