The map of COVID-19 hot spot areas in KL has gone viral on WhatsApp, but it’s really NOT TRUE.
Find out what’s going on, and what the facts really are!
COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : The Viral Map
This is the map that went viral on WhatsApp – showing 7233 cases in seven COVID-19 hot spot areas in KL :
- Dorsett KL : 1446 cases
- Pavilion : 1419 cases
- Times Square : 1419 cases
- Lot 10 : 1066 cases
- Low Yat Plaza : 1027 cases
- Wisma Genting : 701 cases
- Petaling Street : 155 cases
COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
The map of COVID-19 hot spot areas in KL claims to be based on the MySejahtera app, but it’s NOT TRUE and here are the reasons why…
Reason #1 : KKM Confirmed It’s False
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) confirmed that this map is false.
Reason #2 : MySejahtera Does Not Show Case Number For Specific Locations
The MySejahtera app allows you to look up specific locations, but it will NOT show the case numbers for that location.
So it is not possible for anyone to use MySejahtera to find out that Low Yat Plaza has 1027 cases, for example.
Reason #3 : MySejahtera Shows Cases In 1 KM Radius In Past 14 Days
The MySejahtera Hot Spot tracker feature only shows the number of reported COVID-19 cases within a 1 km radius in the last 14 days.
If you try it out now, you can search for Pavilion KL, and it will say,
There have been 805 reported case(s) of COVID-19 within a 1 km radius from your searched location in the last 14 days.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Air Selangor : Massive DU Pipe Repair Slightly Delayed!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Jabil Penang Plant 1 : Closed After 21 COVID-19 Cases!
- 463 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 30 December 2020
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: IKEA Damansara : More COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case | Rojak Pot
Pingback: FLYPROJECT : All Studios Closed After 12 COVID-19 Cases! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot