IKEA announced the indefinite closure of their Damansara store after their employees and service partners tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
IKEA Damansara : Staff + Service Partners Positive For COVID-19!
On 2 January 2021, IKEA announced that the staff and service partners at their Damansara store have tested positive for COVID-19.
They declined to reveal how many were affected, which suggests quite a few may be affected.
You may recall that in November 2020 when the same store was affected, IKEA immediately announced that only one part-time employee was affected.
They shared 3 days later (on 5 January 2021) that the last working dates for their affected employees and service partners were between 24 December 2020 and 1 January 2021.
It was rumoured on social media that there are 52 cases in this new cluster – 2 IKEA staff members and 50 customers. However, we cannot verify this claim.
People who checked the MySejahtera Hotspot Tracker pointed out that there are 4 cases within 1 km. However, this is not a good way to get the information, because MySejahtera isn’t updated immediately, and the numbers are for the last 14 days.
As advised by the Malaysia Ministry of Health, IKEA closed their Damansara store from 2 January, until further notice.
Update : IKEA Damansara reopened at 4 PM on 5 January 2021.
IKEA Damansara COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statements
Here is the first official statement by IKEA on the COVID-19 exposure at their Damansara store.
And here is the second official statement by IKEA on the COVID-19 exposure at their Damansara store.
IKEA Damansara COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
Now that their employees and service partners have tested positive for COVID-19, IKEA Damansara will be conducting contact tracing, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the risks of shopping in crowded malls, and the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- 471 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 31 December 2020
- Air Selangor : Massive DU Pipe Repair Slightly Delayed!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Jabil Penang Plant 1 : Closed After 21 COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!