Malaysia reported 2192 new COVID-19 cases and 6 deaths, but also discharged 3414 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 22 February 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 3414 Patients Discharged!
On 22 February 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 3414 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 252,623 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 88.4%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 2192 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 2192 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 3 cases imported from overseas
– 2 in KL, 1 in Johor
- 2189 local cases
– 910 cases in Selangor : 408 from existing clusters, 7 from new Jalan Kota construction site, Lombong Times construction site and Jalan Putra market clusters, 327 from close contact screening, 168 from assorted screening
– 301 cases in KL : 152 from existing clusters, 25 from new Sungai Batu construction site cluster, 61 from close contact screening, 63 from assorted screening
– 221 cases in Sarawak : 19 from existing clusters, 68 from new Emperor Jambu and Sungai Bakong clusters, 91 from close contact screening, 43 from assorted screening
– 210 cases in Johor : 85 from existing clusters, 68 from close contact screening, 57 from assorted screening
– 148 cases in Perak : 102 from existing clusters, 20 from close contact screening, 26 from assorted screening
– 135 cases in Penang : 55 from existing clusters, 5 from new Hilir Sungai Kluang Cluster, 36 from close contact screening, 39 from assorted screening
– 110 cases in Sabah : 52 from existing clusters, 40 from close contact screening, 18 from assorted screening
– 64 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 6 from existing clusters, 7 from new Industri Sungai Gadut Cluster, 20 from close contact screening, 31 from assorted screening
– 28 cases in Kelantan : 15 from existing clusters, 9 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 26 cases in Kedah : 6 from existing clusters, 10 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 14 cases in Melaka : 6 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Pahang : 5 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Putrajaya : 3 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Terengganu : all from existing clusters
– 4 cases in Perlis : 2 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 285,761, with 32,076 active cases – a large drop of 1228 cases.
They also shared that there are 10 fewer patients in the ICU – 199 cases right now, and no additional patient requiring respiratory support – 91 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 94,395 cases, followed by Sabah with 52,064 cases, Johor with 33,813 cases, and Kuala Lumpur with 33,340 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 6 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 6 deaths today. That means a total of 1,062 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.37%.
Death #1057 : Case 209535 was a 25 year-old Malaysian male, with history of mediastinal tumour. He passed away at the Tengku Ampuan Afzazn Hospital in Pahang.
Death #1058 : Case 243698 was a 50 year-old Malaysian female, with history of hypertension and lung cancer. She passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Death #1059 : Case 245106 was a 59 year-old Malaysian male, with history of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. He passed away at the Sibu Hospital in Sarawak.
Death #1060 : Case 272661 was a 76 year-old Malaysian female, with history of hypertension, dyslipidemia, stroke and heart disease. She passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1061 : Case 278701 was a 84 year-old Malaysian male, with history of diabetes, hypertension, and COPD. He passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1062 : Case 273923 was a 17 year-old foreign male, whose body was brought to the Sultan Ismail Hospital in Johor.
Day 41 Of MCO 2.0 In Malaysia
Today marks the 41st day of the Movement Control Order 2.0 (MCO 2.0) which will last until 18 February, 2021.
Under MCO 2.0, only critical businesses are allowed to reopen, with interstate and inter-district travel restrictions.
Public events, entertainment outlet and group sports are forbidden. Even schools are closed with education mostly conducted online.
Recommended : Follow This MCO 2.0 SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 1056 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 February 2021
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Bagan Specialist Centre : 5 Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus’s Stores!
- Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Seremban 2 : Closed 1 Week After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!