The government just extended the law enforcing compliance with COVID-19 measures and fines for non-compliance to 31 December 2021!
Here is what you need to know…
COVID-19 Law + Fines Extended Until End Of 2021!
On 21 July 2021, the Minister of Health, Dr. Adham Baba issued an extension to the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Declaration of Infected Local Areas) Order 2020.
Gazetted on 22 July 2021, this order extends the powers conferred by Section 11 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 [Act 342] from 2 August 2021 until 31 December 2021.
Here is the English version of that extension notice :
No Changes To Current COVID-19 Law + Fines In Malaysia
The new order only extends the current COVID-19 law and fines to 31 December 2021.
There is no change to the law, or the fines announced previously, but let’s do a quick round-up of what was announced earlier.
On 25 February 2021, the Malaysian government introduced amendments to the law that increased fines for non-compliance with COVID-19 measures :
- Individuals who commit an offence : Up to RM 10,000
- Companies that commit an offence : Up to RM 50,000
- Possible additional penalties : Up to 50,000 and/or up to 6 months imprisonment
- Offences, for which no penalty is expressly provided : Up to RM 100,000 and/or up to 7 years imprisonment
The Act was also amended to allow the government to order a person to wear a “tracing device”, also known as a tracking device.
These changes came into effect on 11 March 2021, and will continue to apply until 31 December 2021.
Read more : Malaysia Announces COVID-19 Fines Of RM10K ~ RM100K!
Read more : National Recovery Plan Phase 1 SOP : 19 July 2021 Edition
Read more : National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 19 July 2021 Edition
- Jaya Grocer Sunway Geo : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Desa Park : Another COVID-19 Case!
- Ten Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In July!
- Giant Desa Petaling Reports Two COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Atria : Another COVID-19 Case!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 1 SOP : 19 July 2021 Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 19 July 2021 Edition!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!