Malaysia just announced 10 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total number of cases to 93, and forming a second cluster.
They also updated us on Case 78, and their COVID-19 surveillance efforts…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 10 New Cases On 7 March 2020
The Director General of Health, Malaysia Ministry of Health, Datuk Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, announced that as 12 PM today, they identified 10 new COVID-19 cases – Cases 84 to 93!
All these new cases were detected through contact tracing, and their close contacts are being identified for further investigations and tests.
Unlike earlier cases from the second wave, all of the ten new COVID-19 cases today were close contacts of Case 33 :
- four (4) cases – Cases 85, 86, 87 and 93 are first-generation close contacts
- six (6) cases – Cases 84, 88, 89, 90, 91 and 92 are second-generation close contacts
The Malaysian Ministry of Health explicitly pointed out that all cases were detected through contact tracing, and have been admitted to hospitals for isolation and treatment.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Contact Tracing For New Cluster
With these results, they have determined that there is a second cluster around Case 33, with 132 close contacts identified so far. Of those close contacts :
- 18 were COVID-19 positive, and is in stable condition under treatment
- 38 were negative for COVID-19, but placed under home quarantine for 14 days
- 76 more are awaiting the results, but have also been placed under home quarantine for 14 days
With that, Malaysia has identified a total of 93 positive COVID-19 cases so far, with the following breakdown according to nationality :
- 75 Malaysian citizens
- 15 Chinese citizens
- 1 American citizen
- 1 Japanese citizen
- 1 Italian citizen
The Malaysian Ministry of Health is still investigating and tracing contacts to determine the source of these infections, and to prevent further spread.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Update On Case 78
The Malaysian Ministry of Health also updated us on Case 78 that was a Patient Under Investigation (PUI) confirmed COVID-19 positive on 6 March 2020.
He had a history of travel to Indonesia for seven (7) days from 13 February 2020, and started exhibiting symptoms on 19 February 2020.
So far, 67 close contacts have been identified and their samples obtained for tests. They are all currently under home quarantine.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : No Sporadic Spread So Far
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also reported that they have been conducting COVID-19 surveillance to detect sporadic spread and local infections of COVID-19, by testing patients with influenza-like illness (ILI) and severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) with no history of travel to affected countries, or COVID-19 positive cases.
Up till 7 March 2020, they tested 432 samples and all came back negative for COVID-19. Based on current surveillance results, there has been NO sporadic spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : 23 Discharged, 60 Active Cases!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : Destinations + Embargo Dates!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Limits Travel From Japan, Italy + Iran!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : What Are The Symptoms?
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : How To Plan + Book Your Flights!
- Malaysia Hits 50 Cases With Second COVID-19 Wave!
- Seven New COVID-19 Cases In Malaysia : Their Details!
- COVID-19 Racists Attacked Student On Oxford Street!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : NOT Worth The Hassle!
- Souvenir Passport Stamp : Don’t Put It In Your REAL Passport!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- Malaysia Health Officers To Get COVID-19 Allowance!
- What No One Is Telling You : EPF Is Not Enough!
- H1N1 American Pandemic Virus Hoax Debunked!
- Shocking Indonesian 3-Ply Mask Packaging Operation!
- Deadly 18 Feb 2020 Orchard Road Accident Debunked!
- TikTok Finally Bans Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump Videos!
- PSA : Drive-Thru Lane Is For CARS, Not Motorcycles!
- Three New COVID-19 Patients In Malaysia!
- MoH Malaysia : No COVID-19 Death In Penang Hospital!
- 19th COVID-19 Patient In Malaysia : Another Chinese Tourist
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- Stop Blaming Snakes For The Wuhan Coronavirus!
- H1N1 American Pandemic Virus Hoax Debunked!
- Why Are People Wearing Water Bottles On Their Heads?
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- Wuhan Coronavirus : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- Wuhan Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- Can Face Masks Protect Us Against The Flu / Influenza?
- How To Wear A Surgical Mask – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- New Nestle NANKID OPTIPRO Details + Sale!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 In Malaysia : 129 Cases, 25 Recovered, 104 Active! | Rojak Pot