Malaysia reported 1103 new COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths today, but also discharged 821 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 16 November 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 821 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 821 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 35606 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 73.4%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1103 New Cases!
The surge continues with 1103 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 1 case imported from overseas
– in Selangor : Malaysian citizen from Saudi Arabia
- 1102 local cases
– 392 cases in KL : 385 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 288 cases in Sabah : 40 from existing clusters, 15 from new Matambai Cluster, 158 from close contact screening, 75 from assorted screening
– 150 cases in Selangor : 99 from existing clusters, 24 from close contact screening, 2 from SARI screening, 25 from assorted screening
– 116 cases in Perak : 113 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 1 from SARI screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 90 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 84 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 26 cases in Penang : 19 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening
– 10 cases in Kedah : 8 from existing clusters, 2 from assorted screening
– 8 cases in Johor : 5 from existing clusters, 3 from assorted screening
– 8 cases in Labuan : 4 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Kelantan : 3 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening
– 4 cases in Terengganu : all from close contact screening
– 1 case in Putrajaya : from existing cluster
– 1 case in Melaka : from existing cluster
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states. Sabah is at the top with 23,383 cases, followed by Selangor with 7,775 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 4,368 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 3,511 cases.
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 48,520, with 12,601 active cases – an increase of 278 cases, and the 3rd day Malaysia has more than 12,000 active cases during the Recovery MCO period.
They also shared that there are 2 fewer patients in the ICU – 102 cases right now, and 3 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 39 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FOUR Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FOUR deaths today, which means a total of 313 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.65%.
Death #310 : Case 46590 was a 46 year-old Malaysian male, who passed away in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Death #311 : Case 25297 was a 54 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension. He passed away in the Tawau Hospital in Sabah.
Death #312 : Case 40556 was a 73 year-old Malaysian female, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, heart arrhythmia, chronic obstructive airway disease and Alzheimer’s disease. She passed away in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Death #313 : Case 38793 was a 51 year-old foreign female, with a history of diabetes, hypertension and stroke. She passed away in the Tawau Hospital in Sabah.
Day 158 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 158th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
Recommended : RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen!
Interstate travel is now allowed (except to Enhanced MCO / administrative restricted areas), as well as many sports facilities.
The Malaysian government has so far announced several Enhanced MCOs :
- 3 Zones In PJ Old Town : 10 May until 23 May 2020
- 6 Parcels In Selayang Baru : 25 April until 3 May 2020
- 8 Parcels In Pusat Bandar Utara : 20 April until 3 May 2020
- Whole Masjid India Area : 14 April until 28 April 2020
- Selangor Mansion + Malayan Mansion : 7 April 2020 indefinitely
- Menara City One : 31 March until 13 April 2020
- Hulu Langat : 30 March until 13 April 2020
- Two areas in Simpang Renggam : 27 March until 9 April 2020
- 28 towns in Kedah + Tawau Prison : 11 September until 25 September 2020
- Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna : 29 September until 12 October 2020
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan : 7 October indefinitely
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : 9 October until 23 October 2020
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught Outside Jelutong Market
- UNIQLO Fahrenheit 88 : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- IKEA Damansara : Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19!
- Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?!
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Yamaha Music School Bagan Jermal : COVID-19 Exposure!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- 300 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 10 November 2020
- Maybank Melaka Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Pandan Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Peniaga Sekendhend or Peniaga Barang Terpakai?
- Melaka Lady Broke Quarantine For Deepavali Shopping
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Trump Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!