Malaysia reported a record 2188 new COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths today, but also discharged 1673 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 24 November 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1673 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1673 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 44,153 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 75.0%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 2188 New Cases!
The third wave continues with a record 2188 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 0 cases imported from overseas
- 2188 local cases
– 1623 cases in Selangor : 1539 from existing clusters, 54 from close contact screening, 30 from assorted screening
– 232 cases in Sabah : 31 from existing clusters, 131 from close contact screening, 70 from assorted screening
– 112 cases in Perak : all from existing clusters
– 90 cases in KL : 82 from existing clusters, 8 from assorted screening
– 73 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 71 from existing clusters, 2 from assorted screening
– 19 cases in Johor : 5 from existing clusters, 9 from close contact screening, 5 from assorted screening
– 15 cases in Penang : 10 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 14 cases in Kedah : 12 from existing clusters, 2 from assorted screening
– 6 cases in Kelantan : 2 from existing clusters, 4 from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Melaka : both from existing clusters.
– 1 case in Labuan : from existing cluster.
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states. Sabah is at the top with 26,619 cases, followed by Selangor with 12,578 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 5,146 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 4,058 cases.
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 58,847, with 14,353 active cases – a shocking increase of 511 cases, and the 1st day Malaysia has more than 14,000 active cases during the Recovery MCO period.
They also shared that there are 3 fewer patients in the ICU – 112 cases right now, and 1 additional patient requiring respiratory support – 49 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FOUR Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FOUR deaths today, which means a total of 341 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.59%.
Death #338 : Case 49641 was an 84 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension and chronic lung disease. He passed away at the Penang Hospital.
Death #339 : Case 55063 was a 74 year-old Malaysian male, who passed away at the Lahad Datu Hospital in Sabah.
Death #340 : Case 55064 was a 41 year-old Malaysian female, who passed away at the Lahad Datu Hospital in Sabah.
Death #341 : Case 54826 was a 45 year-old foreign male, who passed away at the Tawau Hospital in Sabah.
Day 166 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 166th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
Recommended : RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen!
Interstate travel is now allowed (except to Enhanced MCO / administrative restricted areas), as well as many sports facilities.
The Malaysian government has so far announced several Enhanced MCOs :
- 3 Zones In PJ Old Town : 10 May until 23 May 2020
- 6 Parcels In Selayang Baru : 25 April until 3 May 2020
- 8 Parcels In Pusat Bandar Utara : 20 April until 3 May 2020
- Whole Masjid India Area : 14 April until 28 April 2020
- Selangor Mansion + Malayan Mansion : 7 April 2020 indefinitely
- Menara City One : 31 March until 13 April 2020
- Hulu Langat : 30 March until 13 April 2020
- Two areas in Simpang Renggam : 27 March until 9 April 2020
- 28 towns in Kedah + Tawau Prison : 11 September until 25 September 2020
- Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna : 29 September until 12 October 2020
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan : 7 October indefinitely
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : 9 October until 23 October 2020
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- CMCO Business Activities Extended To 12 AM, Except Sabah!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- 337 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 November 2020
- Padini IOI Mall : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Nestle Malaysia : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- CMCO Is OVER For Kedah, Melaka, Johor, Terengganu!
- UNIQLO Empire Subang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan Under CMCO / PKPB Starting 21 November!
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Mydin Bukit Jambul Caught Man With COVID-19 Bracelet!
- Foreign Workers Walking Around With COVID-19 Bracelets?
- Murni Discovery Cheras : 7 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Old Town White Coffee Use PORK In Curry Mee?!
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get RM1K Fine?
- CMCO / PKPB Lockdown SOP for Peninsular Malaysia!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Trump Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!