Malaysia reported 1123 new COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths today, but discharged 1143 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 5 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1143 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1144 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 60,204 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 84.4%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1123 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1123 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 5 cases imported from overseas
– all in Selangor
- 1118 local cases
– 391 cases in Sabah : 103 from existing clusters, 3 from new Batu Tiger and Jalan Domis clusters, 188 from close contact screening, 97 from assorted screening
– 265 cases in KL : 66 from existing clusters, 162 from new Bulatan Construction Site Cluster, 18 from close contact screening, 19 from assorted screening
– 216 cases in Selangor : 91 from existing clusters, 3 from new Andalas Cluster, 58 from close contact screening, 64 from assorted screening
– 66 cases in Johor : 51 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 44 cases in Penang : 32 from existing clusters, 10 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 39 cases in Perak : 28 from existing clusters, 8 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 35 cases in Kelantan : all from existing clusters
– 30 cases in Kedah : 27 from existing cluster, 1 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 10 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 8 from existing clusters, 2 from assorted screening
– 10 cases in Labuan : 3 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 5 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Putrajaya : 2 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Pahang : all from assorted screening
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 71,359, with 10,775 active cases – a drop of 24 cases.
They also shared that there are 1 additional patient in the ICU – 130 cases right now, and 1 additional patient requiring respiratory support – 54 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states. Sabah is at the top with 30,288 cases, followed by Selangor with 16,075 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 6,887 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 5,200 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FOUR Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FOUR deaths today, which means a total of 380 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.53%.
Death #377 : Case 41277 was a 75 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension. He passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Death #378 : Case 68003 was a 61 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of asthma. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #379 : Case 68326 was a 64 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension and stroke. His body was brought to the Tawau Hospital in Sabah.
Death #380 : Case 61367 was a 46 year-old foreign male, with a history of diabetes and hypertension. He passed away at the Shah Alam Hospital in Selangor.
Day 177 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 177th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
Recommended : RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen!
Interstate travel is now allowed (except to Enhanced MCO / administrative restricted areas), as well as many sports facilities.
The Malaysian government has so far announced several Enhanced MCOs :
- 3 Zones In PJ Old Town : 10 May until 23 May 2020
- 6 Parcels In Selayang Baru : 25 April until 3 May 2020
- 8 Parcels In Pusat Bandar Utara : 20 April until 3 May 2020
- Whole Masjid India Area : 14 April until 28 April 2020
- Selangor Mansion + Malayan Mansion : 7 April 2020 indefinitely
- Menara City One : 31 March until 13 April 2020
- Hulu Langat : 30 March until 13 April 2020
- Two areas in Simpang Renggam : 27 March until 9 April 2020
- 28 towns in Kedah + Tawau Prison : 11 September until 25 September 2020
- Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna : 29 September until 12 October 2020
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan : 7 October indefinitely
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : 9 October until 23 October 2020
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- 365 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 2 December 2020
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Glenmarie Golf Club : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Uncle Don’s Solaris : 2 COVID Cases, Patrons Asked To Test!
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- Australian PM Scott Morrison Thought That Madonna Died?
- Did Donald Trump Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Trump Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!