Malaysia reported 1335 new COVID-19 cases and 2 deaths today, but discharged 1069 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 6 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1069 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1069 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 61,273 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 84.3%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1335 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1335 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 3 cases imported from overseas
– 2 cases in Selangor
– 1 case in KL
- 1332 local cases
– 335 cases in Selangor : 187 from existing clusters, 87 from close contact screening, 61 from assorted screening
– 258 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 98 from existing clusters, 155 from new Ceram Cluster, 1 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 250 cases in Sabah : 61 from existing clusters, 23 from new Pulau Berhala Cluster, 106 from close contact screening, 60 from assorted screening
– 177 cases in KL : 44 from existing clusters, 12 from close contact screening, 121 from assorted screening
– 125 cases in Johor : 93 from existing clusters, 9 from new Jalan Tampoi Cluster, 10 from close contact screening, 13 from assorted screening
– 108 cases in Perak : 97 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 31 cases in Penang : 20 from existing clusters, 6 from close contact screening, 5 from assorted screening
– 21 cases in Labuan : 8 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 17 cases in Kedah : 9 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Pahang : all from close contact screening
– 3 cases in Melaka : all from close contact screening
– 2 cases in Kelantan : all from existing clusters
– 1 case in Terengganu : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 72,694, with 11,039 active cases – an increase of 264 cases.
They also shared that there are 4 fewer patients in the ICU – 126 cases right now, and 3 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 57 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states (as of yesterday).
Sabah is at the top with 30,288 cases, followed by Selangor with 16,075 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 6,887 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 5,200 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : TWO Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced TWO deaths today, which means a total of 382 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.53%.
Death #381 : Case 42847 was a 65 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension and chronic kidney disease. He passed away at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in Ipoh, Perak.
Death #382 : Case 67154 was a 72 year-old Malaysian female, with a history of hypertension, dyslipidemia and obesity. She passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Day 178 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 178th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
Recommended : RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen!
Interstate travel is now allowed (except to Enhanced MCO / administrative restricted areas), as well as many sports facilities.
The Malaysian government has so far announced several Enhanced MCOs :
- 3 Zones In PJ Old Town : 10 May until 23 May 2020
- 6 Parcels In Selayang Baru : 25 April until 3 May 2020
- 8 Parcels In Pusat Bandar Utara : 20 April until 3 May 2020
- Whole Masjid India Area : 14 April until 28 April 2020
- Selangor Mansion + Malayan Mansion : 7 April 2020 indefinitely
- Menara City One : 31 March until 13 April 2020
- Hulu Langat : 30 March until 13 April 2020
- Two areas in Simpang Renggam : 27 March until 9 April 2020
- 28 towns in Kedah + Tawau Prison : 11 September until 25 September 2020
- Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna : 29 September until 12 October 2020
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan : 7 October indefinitely
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : 9 October until 23 October 2020
They also announced Administrative Enhanced MCO for two areas in Banting, a section of Chow Kit, some residential areas in Selayang and Pudu.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 382 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 6 December 2020
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Glenmarie Golf Club : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Uncle Don’s Solaris : 2 COVID Cases, Patrons Asked To Test!
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- Australian PM Scott Morrison Thought That Madonna Died?
- Did Donald Trump Mistake Maradona For Madonna?
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!