Malaysia reported 959 new COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths today, but discharged 1068 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 9 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1068 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1068 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 65,124 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 85.4%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 959 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 959 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 6 cases imported from overseas
– 5 cases in KL
– 1 case in Selangor
- 953 local cases
– 276 cases in Selangor : 78 from existing clusters, 76 from close contact screening, 122 from assorted screening
– 203 cases in Sabah : 36 from existing clusters, 1 from new Kupi-Kupi Cluster, 106 from close contact screening, 60 from assorted screening
– 124 cases in KL : 76 from existing clusters, 3 from new Ikon Bintang Construction Site Cluster, 22 from close contact screening, 23 from assorted screening
– 119 cases in Pahang : all from existing clusters
– 100 cases in Johor : 37 from existing clusters, 1 from new Bandar Impian Cluster, 22 from close contact screening, 40 from assorted screening
– 33 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 8 from existing clusters, 7 from new Jalan Kemang Cluster, 3 from close contact screening, 15 from assorted screening
– 33 cases in Perak : 29 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 29 cases in Penang : 16 from existing clusters, 9 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 17 cases in Kelantan : 12 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 16 cases in Kedah : 11 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Melaka : 1 from existing cluster, 1 from assorted screening
– 1 case in Labuan : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 76,265, with 10,748 active cases – a drop of 114 cases.
They also shared that there is 1 additional patient in the ICU – 127 cases right now, and 1 fewer patient requiring respiratory support – 61 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states (as of yesterday).
Sabah is at the top with 31,260 cases, followed by Selangor with 17,532 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 7,440 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 6,055 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FIVE Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FIVE deaths today, which means a total of 393 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.52%.
Death #389 : Case 39066 was a 75 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of gout. He passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #390 : Case 62272 was a 61 year-old Malaysian male, with a history hypertension. He passed away at the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Death #391 : Case 63156 was a 68 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, chronic kidney disease and bronchiectasis. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #392 : Case 65674 was a 60 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension, dyslipidemia and stroke. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #393 : Case 65911 was an 82 year-old Malaysian male, who passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Day 181 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 181st day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- 388 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 8 December 2020
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!