Malaysia reported a record 2234 new COVID-19 cases and 3 deaths today, but discharged 1112 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 10 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1112 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1112 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 66,236 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 84.4%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 2234 New Cases!
The third wave continues with a record 2234 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 5 cases imported from overseas
– 4 cases in KL
– 1 case in Perak
- 2229 local cases
– 1428 cases in Selangor : 1200 from existing clusters, 39 from new Jalan Bukit Construction Site, 92 from close contact screening, 97 from assorted screening
– 274 cases in Sabah : 100 from existing clusters, 113 from close contact screening, 61 from assorted screening
– 132 cases in KL : 79 from existing clusters, 25 from new Condong and Jalan Stadium Construction Site clusters, 11 from close contact screening, 17 from assorted screening
– 114 cases in Perak : 111 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 100 cases in Johor : 52 from existing clusters, 9 from new Jalan Dalam and Tenum Merah clusters, 26 from close contact screening, 13 from assorted screening
– 67 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 51 from existing clusters, 6 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 45 cases in Pahang : 40 from existing clusters, 5 from assorted screening
– 42 cases in Penang : 3 from existing clusters, 29 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 14 cases in Kedah : 11 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 5 cases in Melaka : 3 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 3 cases in Kelantan : 2 from existing clusters, 1 from assorted screening
– 3 cases in Terengganu : 1 from existing cluster, 2 from assorted screening
– 1 case in Putrajaya : from close contact screening
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 78,499, with 11,867 active cases – a massive increase of 1119 cases.
They also shared that there is 3 fewer patients in the ICU – 124 cases right now, and 1 fewer patient requiring respiratory support – 60 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states (as of yesterday).
Sabah is at the top with 31,534 cases, followed by Selangor with 18,960 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 7,576 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 6,122 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : THREE Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced THREE deaths today, which means a total of 396 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.50%.
Death #394 : Case 56860 was a 72 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, heart disease and chronic lung disease. He passed away at the Keningau Hospital in Sabah.
Death #395 : Case 62272 was a 26 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of asthma and bronchiectasis. He passed away at the Labuan Hospital in Sabah.
Death #396 : Case 63156 was a 63 year-old Malaysian female, whose body was brought to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Day 182 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 182nd day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- 388 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 8 December 2020
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!